February 6, 201313 yr Was she working when she went to WLW or was she there to be interviewed for her lawsuit which would not be related to her work? I have no idea; that's why I ask. From the article: Her attorney, Eric Deters, tells 9 On Your Side the radio appearance was work related. Jones works as a legal secretary at Deters' law firm. "Sarah Jones' appearance on WLW was during work hours at my request, I'm her boss, about her libel case against TheDirty.com , and its work purpose was to refute stories in the aftermath of the verdict. It's my opinion it was not a probation violation. She was not given a hearing. She accepted the monitor because she can still go where she is allowed," said Deters. Read more: Court: Former teacher and ex-BenGal cheerleader, Sarah Jones, violated probation
February 6, 201313 yr How convenient...sounds like he's trying to cover her backside by saying it was work related. If she does not work for Deters, it is not work. As it is, she works there so he can claim as such.
February 6, 201313 yr Along the lines with what Guru said' date=' I think she and Deters are being singled out as the Kenton Co prosecutors office is upset at Deters, and are looking to "get him". And BTW, I dislike Deters! But facts are facts.[/quote'] You didn't provide any facts. You gave your opinion.
February 7, 201313 yr You didn't provide any facts. You gave your opinion. No, No I did not. The facts are that she is allowed to be out of state for school and for work. Deters, who is her boss, had her on the radio in Cincinnati, those are FACTS! They made the rules, now they go ahead and change her probation because why?????
February 7, 201313 yr No, No I did not. The facts are that she is allowed to be out of state for school and for work. Deters, who is her boss, had her on the radio in Cincinnati, those are FACTS! They made the rules, now they go ahead and change her probation because why????? Do you really believe Deters is telling the whole truth?
February 7, 201313 yr I suspected that the violation had nothing to do with her leaving and everything to do with her not telling her probation officer. According to this article, that's exactly the case. Sarah Jones back on monitoring after violating probation | Northern Kentucky - WLWT Home
February 7, 201313 yr I suspected that the violation had nothing to do with her leaving and everything to do with her not telling her probation officer. According to this article, that's exactly the case. Sarah Jones back on monitoring after violating probation | Northern Kentucky - WLWT Home I am questioning your objectivity here!? If it was for work she doesn't have to notify him. And also, I think this article does a good job questioning the professionalism of the Kenton County Commonwealth Attorney: Deters sent a scathing letter to Kenton County Commonwealth Attorney Rob Sanders, who recused himself from prosecuting Jones, demanding an explanation. "You can mock, taunt, and ignore this letter ... all you want," Deters said. "I just want the explanation." Sanders posted a message on his Twitter account on the day Jones appeared on WLW that he denies was about the former teacher and cheerleader. "Some criminals are their own worst enemies ," Sanders tweeted. "Bad enough when they don't learn their lesson but some just go out of their way to break the rules!" ============================== I don't see how in the world it is proper for a Commonwealth Attorney to tweet something like that. Furthermore, if he denies it was about Jones, then who was it about? I would like some of our legal minds to weigh in with their thoughts on a Commonwealth Attorney using Twitter in this way???
February 7, 201313 yr I am questioning your objectivity here!? If it was for work she doesn't have to notify him. And also, I think this article does a good job questioning the professionalism of the Kenton County Commonwealth Attorney: Deters sent a scathing letter to Kenton County Commonwealth Attorney Rob Sanders, who recused himself from prosecuting Jones, demanding an explanation. "You can mock, taunt, and ignore this letter ... all you want," Deters said. "I just want the explanation." Sanders posted a message on his Twitter account on the day Jones appeared on WLW that he denies was about the former teacher and cheerleader. "Some criminals are their own worst enemies ," Sanders tweeted. "Bad enough when they don't learn their lesson but some just go out of their way to break the rules!" ============================== I don't see how in the world it is proper for a Commonwealth Attorney to tweet something like that. Furthermore, if he denies it was about Jones, then who was it about? I would like some of our legal minds to weigh in with their thoughts on a Commonwealth Attorney using Twitter in this way??? I have no dog in this fight so I don't know why my objectivity would be questioned. I know none of the parties involved and don't really care either way. One interesting thing Deters said is she "accepted" the ankle monitor because she can still go where ever she wants. If she didn't have a hearing, when did she "accept" it? And if she really didn't violate her probation why don't they fight it?
February 7, 201313 yr I have no dog in this fight so I don't know why my objectivity would be questioned. I know none of the parties involved and don't really care either way. One interesting thing Deters said is she "accepted" the ankle monitor because she can still go where ever she wants. If she didn't have a hearing, when did she "accept" it? And if she really didn't violate her probation why don't they fight it? Because your post stating that is exactly the case is not exactly the case. And I would have fought it too but I don't know how those proceedings work and you are talking time, money, etc.
February 7, 201313 yr Because your post stating that is exactly the case is not exactly the case. And I would have fought it too but I don't know how those proceedings work and you are talking time, money, etc. So you take Deters at his word that her interview about her civil lawsuit was work related? And what I stated is true. Her probation was violated because she did not have permission to leave. Apparently they didn't feel like it was work related and Deters didn't fight it. “Jones did not have permission to be in Ohio for this talk show interview,” the report states.
February 7, 201313 yr So you take Deters at his word that her interview about her civil lawsuit was work related? I don't see the Probation Office and/or the Kenton County Attorney (must be too busy on Twitter) saying anything to contradict or refute Deters. The whole thing smells to me.
February 7, 201313 yr I don't see the Probation Office and/or the Kenton County Attorney (must be too busy on Twitter) saying anything to contradict or refute Deters. The whole thing smells to me. Why would they? What smells to me is that they claim she's innocent but aren't going to fight the punishment at all. If they fought it in court I'd be more likely to believe them.
February 7, 201313 yr So you take Deters at his word that her interview about her civil lawsuit was work related? As I have said on BGP's many times, I dislike Deters. BUT, She is his boss, she was on his show. Your boss tells you to go do something, you do it. So yeah, work related. Why would they? Deters made a claim against them, so they sit and don't explain why Deters is wrong? Yet they seem to be able to go on Twitter and make comments about her. What smells to me is that they claim she's innocent but aren't going to fight the punishment at all. If they fought it in court I'd be more likely to believe them. As Guru said, time and money. She accepted the device but they are saying they did nothing wrong. Deters is demanding to know why, that should be enough. There is a history with Kenton Co and Deters, it smells like some are ticked at Deters and playing games.
February 7, 201313 yr As I have said on BGP's many times, I dislike Deters. BUT, She is his boss, she was on his show. Your boss tells you to go do something, you do it. So yeah, work related. Deters made a claim against them, so they sit and don't explain why Deters is wrong? Yet they seem to be able to go on Twitter and make comments about her. As Guru said, time and money. She accepted the device but they are saying they did nothing wrong. Deters is demanding to know why, that should be enough. There is a history with Kenton Co and Deters, it smells like some are ticked at Deters and playing games. I don't dislike Deters. I don't know him. If it was work related, it should be easy to prove in the court of law, so why not go that route instead of telling the media she's innocent? To me what you are saying should happen is backwards. Kenton County claims she violated her probation and charged her with that in court. Deters defends his client through the media but accepts the punishment. Why do they need to defend their actions through the media? If he really wanted an explanation I'm still of the opinion the best way to get it is in court.
February 7, 201313 yr I don't see the Probation Office and/or the Kenton County Attorney (must be too busy on Twitter) saying anything to contradict or refute Deters. The whole thing smells to me. I'm with you, the WHOLE things smells...Deters, Jones, Commonwealth Attorney and all.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.