February 8, 201313 yr Attorneys are not permitted to have a sexual relationship with their client, unless the sexual relationship began prior to the attorney-client relationship. That makes perfect sense to me but I still don't understand. Jones had sex with her student, not her attorney, correct?
February 8, 201313 yr That makes perfect sense to me but I still don't understand. Jones had sex with her student, not her attorney, correct? Yes, but that's the sort of crime that ought to alarm any group reviewing a future bar application. It's an incident that involved her, as a person in a position of trust and responsibility, violating that trust and responsibility. Having relations with a client as that client's attorney would be similar sort of violation of that trust and responsibility. Were I on the Kentucky Bar's Character and Fitness committee, it's the kind of incident that would be an instant red flag. That's what I meant in the original comment.
February 8, 201313 yr Yes, but that's the sort of crime that would ought to alarm any group reviewing a future bar application. It's an incident that involved her, as a person in a position of trust and responsibility, violating that trust and responsibility. Were I on the Kentucky Bar's Character and Fitness committee, that's the kind of incident that would be an instant red flag. That's what I meant in the original comment. Makes complete sense, thanks for adding that additional.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.