Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Syracuse 70 Louisville 68

Featured Replies

I agree with two very good teams playing.

Remember, the Orange were playing short-handed, too.

Siva being Siva.

Yep. He has had a good stretch extending back to the end of last season but today was a bad game for Peyton. He pulled a Tony Romo.

Siva. Ugh. Probably his worst game as a Cardinal.

 

Seems like he couldn't hit anything.

 

Solid win for the Cuse.

It appeared to me that both Boeheim and Pitino wanted this game really bad.

Regardless of what happened by individual players, this was one of the best college games I've seen. Tons of fun, and both teams played hard till the end.

 

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

Siva. Ugh. Probably his worst game as a Cardinal.

 

Not its time to go watch Trinity lose too... this day just gets better and better. Argh.

1 outta 2 ain't bad.

Does anyone think this loss set Louisville back? I don't. I consider it a slight bump in the road. As a matter of fact, I think it will help them more than a victory would have done.

Does anyone think this loss set Louisville back? I don't. I consider it a slight bump in the road. As a matter of fact, I think it will help them more than a victory would have done.

 

I'm not a guy who thinks that way, but I've always thought that Rick Pitino is. I truly believe he feels he can better instruct his players and that they're more open to coaching suggestion when he can absolutely lay into them at practice the day after a loss. I think they're going to smother Villanova on Tuesday.

 

Seeing how they address what will undoubtedly be another low-scoring grind at Georgetown on Saturday will let us know more about where exactly they go from here.

The loss itself isn't too big of a concern but Cuse won on the road despite turning it over a bunch, not having their second leading scorer and Russ Smith having 25 points. Those facts would disturb me a bit if I were a UL fan.

The loss itself isn't too big of a concern but Cuse won on the road despite turning it over a bunch, not having their second leading scorer and Russ Smith having 25 points. Those facts would disturb me a bit if I were a UL fan.

 

This is a solid UofL team, but it's not as well-equipped to beat Syracuse as past teams were. There was a time, all the way up until last season really, when anyone on Louisville's team playing positions 1-4 could be counted on to make a three. Even when Louisville wasn't all that great for other reasons, when Kyle Kuric or Reginald Delk and definitely Earl Clark were playing the four, they could make shots from the perimeter.

 

That is decidedly not the case with this team. That ability was why Louisville had that seven-game win streak going against the Orange until last year. Louisville's inability to hit from deep really cost them in this one, especially with the rotten shooting night Siva had.

The loss itself isn't too big of a concern but Cuse won on the road despite turning it over a bunch, not having their second leading scorer and Russ Smith having 25 points. Those facts would disturb me a bit if I were a UL fan.

I think Syracuse played an exceptional game, especially on defense, and UL obviously did not. Triche was on fire the first half. UL choked at the end. I look at that being unforced errors (but, granted, errors nonetheless). We'll see how UL responds the next few games, as Getslow has said.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.