How many rounds and how much ammo is enough?

Larry Warner

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the most rounds that a handgun will hold? Whatever that number is would be my number for an automatic rifle clip. My feeling is 10 rounds is enough but I am open to reasoned arguments for more. And needing more rounds to hold off a possible attack by all the Crips in LA is not a reasoned argument.

I just sold a buddy a handgun. snub nose 38 special for personal protection. Gave him 5 rounds of ammo to go with it and told him he would not need to buy any. That gun if for protection, not target shooting. Sold him a .22 rifle and gave him a few boxes of ammo since it is a great target gun and fun gun to shoot. He will need to buy more ammo.

I just sold a buddy a handgun. snub nose 38 special for personal protection. Gave him 5 rounds of ammo to go with it and told him he would not need to buy any. That gun if for protection, not target shooting. Sold him a .22 rifle and gave him a few boxes of ammo since it is a great target gun and fun gun to shoot. He will need to buy more ammo.

You don't think your buddy needs to practice with the gun he is going to depend on protecting himself with?

What is the most rounds that a handgun will hold? Whatever that number is would be my number for an automatic rifle clip. My feeling is 10 rounds is enough but I am open to reasoned arguments for more. And needing more rounds to hold off a possible attack by all the Crips in LA is not a reasoned argument.

You lost me a little. What does automatic rifles have to do with this?

You don't think your buddy needs to practice with the gun he is going to depend on protecting himself with?

I actually told him he needed to get comfortable with the gun. Even volunteered to take him to my farm to review the weapon.

You lost me a little. What does automatic rifles have to do with this?

Work with me if I am using an incorrect term. You know what I am asking. I am not a gun person. I am like the clear majority of the people in this country who aren't gun savvy.

The bottom line with pistols is this, the wider the grip the more the clip within it will hold. My Kimber 1911 is slender and holds 7 rds of .45 ammo. I just purchased a Taurus .45 that is "fatter" at the grip and the clip for that one will hold 12. Neither extends beyond the bottom of the grip.

My feeling is that if you have a magazine (clip) in a pistol that is contained within the pistol grip, it should be legal.