Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who has the best popcorn?

Featured Replies

Was thinking of my experiences in Lexington and I remember thinking Station and Lex Cath had solid concessions. Tates Creek is up there too, so I'd have to agree with Purple Pride. The only Lexington gyms I haven't been to are: Dunbar, Sayre, LCA.

 

I live close to Lex Cath, will have to make a trip this coming week.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
The bag I had at the Fieldhouse during the Bracken/Mason girls game was disappointing. It was a 5 or 6 on the Orville Sowdenbacher scale.

 

:lol:

 

The bolded name is a reference a mutual friend of mine & LCD's, who is on staff at Pendleton County. He helped inspire this thread. :lol::thumb:

More salt equals more soda sales.

 

An astute student of marketing, I see.

Mason County. However. in December when I went back for my second bag the person behind the counter said their machine broke down right after I paid them a compliment on how good their popcorn was.

 

Jester, let's hope that Mrs. M. and Coach K. can keep the popcorn flowing at tournament time. If not, we're talking an incident on a Biblical scale.

I do find it a bit disappointing when I show up to a game and there is no popcorn

  • Author
I do find it a bit disappointing when I show up to a game and there is no popcorn

 

Agreed. It's a tragedy that happens far too often.

Maybe we could get a Federal Grant and do a study. We could have someone go to a game at every gym in Kentucky and declare a winner. The school gets free Popcorn for a year to sell!:popcorn:

  • Author
I don't do popcorn at games. I probably haven't had popcorn at a game since I played 5th grade b-ball. In other words, about 40 years.

 

For some reason I thought you were a big popcorn guy. Popcorn & Pepsi, I thought. :confused:

Maybe we could get a Federal Grant and do a study. We could have someone go to a game at every gym in Kentucky and declare a winner. The school gets free Popcorn for a year to sell!:popcorn:

 

Typical democrat....federal grants, free,........:lol:

Maybe we could get a Federal Grant and do a study. We could have someone go to a game at every gym in Kentucky and declare a winner. The school gets free Popcorn for a year to sell!:popcorn:

 

Let me know where to apply. I think I should bring RP and mcpapa along so that we get it right.

Randy, it's good that you choose a nice safe concession stand selection for basketball games, like popcorn. Not Skittles. Skittles unsafe. A couple years ago I bought the little guy a bag of skittles at the concession stand. Walking back to his seat he stumbles and falls. Skittles scattered across the court. The players were all at one basket and just turning around to race to the other basket. I ran out on the court yelling for them to stop before players started to skid on scattered Skittles. Embarrassing moment. And lesson learned.

Covington Latin serves Orville Reddenbacher's "Smart Pop" popcorn.

Does any gym have cheese popcorn or caramel popcorn? Not a fan of just plain popcorn.

Does any gym have cheese popcorn or caramel popcorn? Not a fan of just plain popcorn.

 

If you smother popcorn with anything other than salt and butter you have tainted it! Butter and salt only baby!!!

If you smother popcorn with anything other than salt and butter you have tainted it! Butter and salt only baby!!!

 

Just don't like the salt. I never put salt on anything.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.