Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who has the best popcorn?

Featured Replies

I've got a handful of friends that enjoy sharing their experiences with popcorn at various high school venues throughout the state. I consider myself somewhat of a popcorn connoisseur, so I'd like to hear from the BGP community those places that have the best.

 

For me, the easy #1 is the Mason County Fieldhouse.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bag I had at the Fieldhouse during the Bracken/Mason girls game was disappointing. It was a 5 or 6 on the Orville Sowdenbacher scale.

Popcorn is the go-to concession snack. I always get it at Warren Central games; but IMO they put wayyyy too much salt in it. I plan on making some trips to local games now that I am living in the Lexington area, could anyone recommend a gym that serves good popcorn?

Last Year at Regionals Montgomery's was good especially with a cold Ale 8.

  • Author
Popcorn is the go-to concession snack. I always get it at Warren Central games; but IMO they put wayyyy too much salt in it. I plan on making some trips to local games now that I am living in the Lexington area, could anyone recommend a gym that serves good popcorn?

 

Agree very much on the bolded, although I do like a heavy amount of salt. I want to feel my arteries clogging with each bite.

 

Not sure on the Lexington area. My fellow popcorn/Dr. Pepper loving friend PP92 might be able to help with that.

  • Author
Last Year at Regionals Montgomery's was good especially with a cold Ale 8.

 

Oh my...that does sound good. :thumb::popcorn:

Over the years I've gotten to be quite a connoisseur of popcorn. My personal preference was for Augusta's Popcorn, but I found Bracken's had a nice, piquant salty flavor - heady, but with just a touch of buttery smoothness.

  • Author
Over the years I've gotten to be quite a connoisseur of popcorn. My personal preference was for Augusta's Popcorn, but I found Bracken's had a nice, piquant salty flavor - heady, but with just a touch of buttery smoothness.

 

Well done.

 

But if you think that little touch of creativity is going to get you free & clear from swiping my popcorn from a couple of years ago, then you need to think again.

 

:lol:

Well done.

 

But if you think that little touch of creativity is going to get you free & clear from swiping my popcorn from a couple of years ago, then you need to think again.

 

:lol:

How does AHSPanther23 not get free popcorn everywhere he goes? The man is a legend!

Well done.

 

But if you think that little touch of creativity is going to get you free & clear from swiping my popcorn from a couple of years ago, then you need to think again.

 

:lol:

 

You were sharing it! I could've pushed you down and stole your popcorn, you would've layed there like a slug anyway.:D

Mason County. However. in December when I went back for my second bag the person behind the counter said their machine broke down right after I paid them a compliment on how good their popcorn was.

The last time I had popcorn at Boone it was tasty. SK's was a bit too salty for me.

  • Author
Mason County. However. in December when I went back for my second bag the person behind the counter said their machine broke down right after I paid them a compliment on how good their popcorn was.

 

Same happened to Papa & me the night Mason County & Cooper played.

Same happened to Papa & me the night Mason County & Cooper played.

 

That's the night I'm talking about. Bummer

The last time I had popcorn at Boone it was tasty. SK's was a bit too salty for me.

More salt equals more soda sales.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.