Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL MVP 2012

Who should be MVP? 21 members have voted

  1. 1. Who should be MVP?

    • Matt Ryan
      0%
      0
    • Adrian Peterson
      66%
    • Robert Griffin III
      0%
      0
    • Andrew Luck
      0%
      0
    • Russell Wilson
      4%
    • Peyton Manning
      28%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
Calvin Johnson was not a poll choice.

 

I voted for AP b/c he is coming off a torn ACL, has a sub-par QB, missing a weapon in Percy Harvin + the other teams know they are gonna run the ball. Maybe the MVP is the Minnesota O-line.

 

I could live with Manning if he wins though.

 

Because Calvin Johnson doesn't have a realistic chance to win MVP. Why waste our time?

 

Manning is coming off of nerve surgery on his neck and sat out all of last year. Unknown if he would ever play again. Went to a new team after the team he revived dumped him and installed a brand new offense. Became the team leader as soon as he signed and exceeded expectations at the same time. Anyone who says they saw Denver being 12-3 with a chance at home field advantage going into week 17 is lying.

  • Replies 85
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
A "Crappy" team that made the playoffs last year with the Jets 3rd string QB.

 

And Andrew Luck took a 2-14 team that started all over again and has them in the playoffs. +8 games this season. Luck is more deserving than AP.

 

A "Crappy" team that made the playoffs last year with the Jets 3rd string QB.

 

Vikings were horrible with AP last year. Plus he isn't going to break the rushing record.

  • Author

^

 

I bet they won't make the playoffs either.

^

 

I bet they won't make the playoffs either.

 

I doubt they do as well.

I think folks are getting carried away with AP's stats this season after tearing his ACL. I'd vote for the 3 Rookie of the Year candidates for MVP before AP.

 

AP is the Offensive Player of the Year. That's it.

I think folks are a little carried away with Manning. Except for total yards Rodgers has better numbers then Manning. More TD's, less Int's, better rating. If your going to give it to a QB why is it Manning?

  • Author
I think folks are a little carried away with Manning. Except for total yards Rodgers has better numbers then Manning. More TD's, less Int's, better rating. If your going to give it to a QB why is it Manning?

 

Because he exceeded expectations in Denver. Playoffs? Sure. Best team in the AFC? Who honestly saw that? He made Denver a legit Super Bowl contender. Brand new team. Brand new scheme for the Broncos. He didn't play last year. Who saw this coming? Bronco fans didn't see this coming. The numbers I see are 13-3 and home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Peyton Manning did that.

 

I love Rodgers. My favorite player by far(well, after Randy Moss). I've already put my money up to be in Cincy next year when GB comes into town. This year he wasn't as good as he was when they won the Super Bowl or last year. If I said Rodgers for MVP it would be pure bias.

Because he exceeded expectations in Denver. Playoffs? Sure. Best team in the AFC? Who honestly saw that? He made Denver a legit Super Bowl contender. Brand new team. Brand new scheme for the Broncos. He didn't play last year. Who saw this coming? Bronco fans didn't see this coming. The numbers I see are 13-3 and home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Peyton Manning did that.

 

I love Rodgers. My favorite player by far(well, after Randy Moss). I've already put my money up to be in Cincy next year when GB comes into town. This year he wasn't as good as he was when they won the Super Bowl or last year. If I said Rodgers for MVP it would be pure bias.

Exceeding expectations doesn't equal MVP. While I don't think anyone thought Denver would the #1 seed, I think everyone thought an 80% Manning and the Broncos would at least win the division. At the end of day you can't go wrong with either or with AP. Just curious why so many automatically say it's between AP and Manning.

  • Author
Exceeding expectations doesn't equal MVP. While I don't think anyone thought Denver would the #1 seed, I think everyone thought an 80% Manning and the Broncos would at least win the division. At the end of day you can't go wrong with either or with AP. Just curious why so many automatically say it's between AP and Manning.

 

I think the 3 rookie QB are deserving also.

 

My ballot would probably go:

 

Manning

Luck

AP

Wilson

RGIII

Not sure why so many think AP is MVP.

9 yards short of the alltime rushing record for a season.....seems pretty simple to me who the MVP should be.

  • Author
9 yards short of the alltime rushing record for a season.....seems pretty simple to me who the Offensive Player of the Year should be.

 

Fixed it for you. :D

Let Manning and Luck battle it out for MVP (oh, the irony!!) Give Peterson Comeback award.

Rookie....Russell Wilson for playing with those two HUGE disadvantages: #1 - his apparent status as a "little person" by NFL standards and #2 - being on a roster of idiots coached by a moron (they all still say the Fail Mary was a TD!!)

A very good argument can be made that Rodgers or Brady had better seasons than Manning. AP was the only guy on his team that could do anything offensively and they couldn't stop him. Teams were putting 9 in the box on some plays and he was still carving them up. This is the easiest MVP choice in a long long time IMO. Has to be AP, it just has to be.

A very good argument can be made that Rodgers or Brady had better seasons than Manning. AP was the only guy on his team that could do anything offensively and they couldn't stop him. Teams were putting 9 in the box on some plays and he was still carving them up. This is the easiest MVP choice in a long long time IMO. Has to be AP, it just has to be.

 

Agreed, it's easily AP.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.