Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL MVP 2012

Who should be MVP? 21 members have voted

  1. 1. Who should be MVP?

    • Matt Ryan
      0%
      0
    • Adrian Peterson
      66%
    • Robert Griffin III
      0%
      0
    • Andrew Luck
      0%
      0
    • Russell Wilson
      4%
    • Peyton Manning
      28%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 85
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you are nothing but a numbers guy.

 

As Herm Edwards says, you play to win the game. And Eli has won the big one twice. How many QB's have done that?

 

So Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are elite according to you....got ya, I understand now. So all you have to do is win a Super Bowl and no matter what you do in your career you will always be considered great.

 

So Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are elite according to you....got ya, I understand now. So all you have to do is win a Super Bowl and no matter what you do in your career you will always be considered great.

 

That's exactly what I said isn't it? No it's actually not even close.

 

And whats Eli got that those two don't? One extra ring and two Super Bowl MVP trophies.

That's exactly what I said isn't it? No it's actually not even close.

 

And whats Eli got that those two don't? One extra ring and two Super Bowl MVP trophies.

Hey I will be the first to say he played GREAT in the Super Bowls. I never once said he didn't. This thread is talking about NFL MVP's, not SB MVP's and this entire debate started because PP92 asked a simple question and that was if Eli should be MVP last year, I said no. I base it again on the entire season, not the Super Bowl.

 

Eli throughout his career, his ENTIRE PLAYING CAREER has been an avg QB. Never said he was an average QB in his 2 Super Bowls.

 

If you want to talk about who else has 2 SB rings, then we could get into the debate of how many linemen have 2, or WR's or Kickers or RB's or DB's etc.

  • Author
Hey I will be the first to say he played GREAT in the Super Bowls. I never once said he didn't. This thread is talking about NFL MVP's, not SB MVP's and this entire debate started because PP92 asked a simple question and that was if Eli should be MVP last year, I said no. I base it again on the entire season, not the Super Bowl.

 

Eli throughout his career, his ENTIRE PLAYING CAREER has been an avg QB. Never said he was an average QB in his 2 Super Bowls.

 

If you want to talk about who else has 2 SB rings, then we could get into the debate of how many linemen have 2, or WR's or Kickers or RB's or DB's etc.

 

And my quote was from start to finish(meaning preseason to the Super Bowl) Eli Manning was the MVP.

And my quote was from start to finish(meaning preseason to the Super Bowl) Eli Manning was the MVP.

 

Sorry my friend, but you will never convince me that he was better than Drew Brees or Arron Rodgers last year.

  • Author
Sorry my friend, but you will never convince me that he was better than Drew Brees or Arron Rodgers last year.

 

And you'll never convince me that AP was better than Peyton this year. Especially after last Saturday night.

And you'll never convince me that AP was better than Peyton this year. Especially after last Saturday night.

 

I'd say the AP and Peyton debate makes a lot more sense and I could see both sides of that one than an Eli 2011 MVP debate. At least AP vs Peyton are 2 deserving players for the award.

  • Author
I'd say the AP and Peyton debate makes a lot more sense and I could see both sides of that one than an Eli 2011 MVP debate. At least AP vs Peyton are 2 deserving players for the award.

 

I can agree with that.

QB's get waaaaayyyyy too much credit and they also get way too much blame. that is a fact.

 

With that said, Eli played great in the SB's he was in, I never once said he didn't. That is what Super Bowl MVP awards are for. We are talking about MVP of the league, which consists of the entire season, not just 1 game.

 

Eli Manning in their 1st Super Bowl year 2007 had a QB Rating of 73

He had 20 Interceptions that season and a compl % of 56%

 

Eli has only had 2 seasons with a rating in the 90's

Eli's career completion % is below 60%

 

Eli in every season he has been the starter for the Giants was in the top 10 of all QB's with most Int's except for 2 years. In those years where he threw among the most int's, several he was #1 or #2 in most int's.

 

Eli has never in his entire career finished in the top 10 in Rating.

Actually Eli is usually in the bottom 20 in the league and usually 23rd or worst of all QB's that qualify for a QB Rating that season.

 

Eli is good, he's not great and deffinately not elite.

If you want to use the excuse he has 2 super bowls, what about the rest of the team? Why don't the other players get credit for 2 Super Bowls? The QB gets way too much credit in the NFL.

 

Maybe my first post wasn't clear- Eli Manning still has two Superbowl rings and two Superbowl MVP's, right? Save the over-rated stuff.

 

Maybe my first post wasn't clear- Eli Manning still has two Superbowl rings and two Superbowl MVP's, right? Save the over-rated stuff.

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.