Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL MVP 2012

Who should be MVP? 21 members have voted

  1. 1. Who should be MVP?

    • Matt Ryan
      0%
      0
    • Adrian Peterson
      66%
    • Robert Griffin III
      0%
      0
    • Andrew Luck
      0%
      0
    • Russell Wilson
      4%
    • Peyton Manning
      28%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

 

Exactly.

 

I cannot stand Eli. I also can't front on his success and how good he was all of last season.

 

Without Eli the Giants might not have won 5 games last year.

 

Their defense was awful for much of the year (aside from the last two regular season games and the playoffs). He led them to numerous 4th quarter comebacks and broke the NFL record for 4th quarter TD passes in a season.

 

Yeah, he had a down year this year. But the "over rated" talk is silly. He is a two time Super Bowl winner and Super Bowl MVP...how many people have done that?

 

BTW, what's not to like about Eli? He's a very classy guy on and off the field.

  • Replies 85
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

BTW, what's not to like about Eli? He's a very classy guy on and off the field.

 

Haters gonna hate!

  • Author
Btw I think Peyton is this years MVP.

 

The second time we've agreed. That's awesome. :lol:

  • Author
Without Eli the Giants might not have won 5 games last year.

 

Their defense was awful for much of the year (aside from the last two regular season games and the playoffs). He led them to numerous 4th quarter comebacks and broke the NFL record for 4th quarter TD passes in a season.

 

Yeah, he had a down year this year. But the "over rated" talk is silly. He is a two time Super Bowl winner and Super Bowl MVP...how many people have done that?

 

BTW, what's not to like about Eli? He's a very classy guy on and off the field.

 

 

Let me clarify. I don't like Eli the football player because he always finds a way to beat the team I am rooting for. It's a healthy dislike. :lol:

 

He was great on SNL and I've read some cool stories about him. He seems like a pretty cool fella. I'd hang with him.

Very disappointed in you PP92, not one defensive candidate listed in the poll. Shame on you. I will vote JJ Watt, I know, no defensive players get MVP in the NFL, but Remove JJ from the texans, they don't end up in the playoffs. Some times its not the stat guys, that are the true Team MVP's.

 

Let me clarify. I don't like Eli the football player because he always finds a way to beat the team I am rooting for. It's a healthy dislike. :lol:

 

He was great on SNL and I've read some cool stories about him. He seems like a pretty cool fella. I'd hang with him.

 

Makes sense. :thumb:

 

The second time we've agreed. That's awesome. :lol:

 

I think we've agreed more often than not lately. :lol:

  • Author
Very disappointed in you PP92, not one defensive candidate listed in the poll. Shame on you. I will vote JJ Watt, I know, no defensive players get MVP in the NFL, but Remove JJ from the texans, they don't end up in the playoffs. Some times its not the stat guys, that are the true Team MVP's.

 

I'm offensive by nature. :D

 

I love offense. JJ Watt has been great but it'll take an otherworldly year for me to say a defensive player should get MVP.

 

Arian Foster has been just as important for the Texans.

Eli still has two Superbowl rings and two Superbowl MVP's, right? Save the Eli is over-rated stuff, please?

 

QB's get waaaaayyyyy too much credit and they also get way too much blame. that is a fact.

 

With that said, Eli played great in the SB's he was in, I never once said he didn't. That is what Super Bowl MVP awards are for. We are talking about MVP of the league, which consists of the entire season, not just 1 game.

 

Eli Manning in their 1st Super Bowl year 2007 had a QB Rating of 73

He had 20 Interceptions that season and a compl % of 56%

 

Eli has only had 2 seasons with a rating in the 90's

Eli's career completion % is below 60%

 

Eli in every season he has been the starter for the Giants was in the top 10 of all QB's with most Int's except for 2 years. In those years where he threw among the most int's, several he was #1 or #2 in most int's.

 

Eli has never in his entire career finished in the top 10 in Rating.

Actually Eli is usually in the bottom 20 in the league and usually 23rd or worst of all QB's that qualify for a QB Rating that season.

 

Eli is good, he's not great and deffinately not elite.

If you want to use the excuse he has 2 super bowls, what about the rest of the team? Why don't the other players get credit for 2 Super Bowls? The QB gets way too much credit in the NFL.

Edited by Hellbird

 

QB's get waaaaayyyyy too much credit and they also get way too much blame. that is a fact.

 

With that said, Eli played great in the SB's he was in, I never once said he didn't. That is what Super Bowl MVP awards are for. We are talking about MVP of the league, which consists of the entire season, not just 1 game.

 

Eli Manning in their 1st Super Bowl year 2007 had a QB Rating of 73

He had 20 Interceptions that season and a compl % of 56%

 

Eli has only had 2 seasons with a rating in the 90's

Eli's career completion % is below 60%

 

Eli in every season he has been the starter for the Giants was in the top 10 of all QB's with most Int's except for 2 years. In those years where he threw among the most int's, several he was #1 or #2 in most int's.

 

Eli has never in his entire career finished in the top 10 in Rating.

Actually Eli is usually in the bottom 20 in the league and usually 23rd or worst of all QB's that qualify for a QB Rating that season.

 

Eli is good, he's not great and deffinately not elite.

If you want to use the excuse he has 2 super bowls, what about the rest of the team? Why don't the other players get credit for 2 Super Bowls? The QB gets way too much credit in the NFL.

 

Go look up the Giants rushing stats and defensive stats in their last Super Bowl year.

Go look up the Giants rushing stats and defensive stats in their last Super Bowl year.

 

Don't need to, I see I'm talking to a Giants fan so I don't think there is anything an un-biased person could say about Eli Manning to make you think anything other than he is a great QB.

 

I have no dog in the fight when it comes to Eli Manning, I was simply stating facts about the guy as an NFL QB, not using bias at all, simply facts.

 

Don't need to, I see I'm talking to a Giants fan so I don't think there is anything an un-biased person could say about Eli Manning to make you think anything other than he is a great QB.

 

I have no dog in the fight when it comes to Eli Manning, I was simply stating facts about the guy as an NFL QB, not using bias at all, simply facts.

 

I don't think Eli should have gotten MVP last year. But to say he's over rated is silly. And me being a Giants fan has nothing to do with the facts. And the fact is the Giants defense and running game were simply bad most of last season. Not to mention Eli set a record for most fourth quarter touchdowns last year.

 

Ill admit Eli is inconsistent at times. The Giants as a team are inconsistent at times. Doesn't change the fact that even though he's inconsistent he still wins more than most other QB's in the NFL.

I don't think Eli should have gotten MVP last year. But to say he's over rated is silly. And me being a Giants fan has nothing to do with the facts. And the fact is the Giants defense and running game were simply bad most of last season. Not to mention Eli set a record for most fourth quarter touchdowns last year.

 

Ill admit Eli is inconsistent at times. The Giants as a team are inconsistent at times. Doesn't change the fact that even though he's inconsistent he still wins more than most other QB's in the NFL.

 

All that still doesn't make him one of the leagues best. good, yea I will give you that, but far from Elite even in this day and age where the Elite status is thrown around more than a woman in a mens bathroom with Big Ben.

 

Again I will remind you that in Eli's career he is usually among the top when it comes to throwing INT's in a season and has never been ranked in the top 10 in QB Rating.

 

Nothing great about that.

 

All that still doesn't make him one of the leagues best. good, yea I will give you that, but far from Elite even in this day and age where the Elite status is thrown around more than a woman in a mens bathroom with Big Ben.

 

Again I will remind you that in Eli's career he is usually among the top when it comes to throwing INT's in a season and has never been ranked in the top 10 in QB Rating.

 

Nothing great about that.

 

So you are nothing but a numbers guy.

 

As Herm Edwards says, you play to win the game. And Eli has won the big one twice. How many QB's have done that?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.