Highlands 60 St. Henry 59 (OT)

Noble probably?

That is what I figured but wanted to make sure. I talked to a friend of mine after the game who is very close to the program and asked him the same thing. He said that his production was not there last night so they went with another option.

The best 5 for the Cru was Meimen, Kunstek, Kuebbing, Best and Rechtin IMO. I know Noble has had some nice games thus far but he was taken out of his game very early last night, mostly due to the physical defensive play by Witte who matched up with him to start the game.

That is what I figured but wanted to make sure. I talked to a friend of mine after the game who is very close to the program and asked him the same thing. He said that his production was not there last night so they went with another option.

The best 5 for the Cru was Meimen, Kunstek, Kuebbing, Best and Rechtin IMO. I know Noble has had some nice games thus far but he was taken out of his game very early last night, mostly due to the physical defensive play by Witte who matched up with him to start the game.

I've seen Noble disappear in a game before. My guess is Coach Faust recognized it and went with that was working.

Nice for the Birds to get a win early in the season. This was a bad match-up for St Henry. The Cru is just not physical enough. They got beat up on the boards. HHS had several stick back baskets and a couple of garbage buckets in the OT that helped get the victory. Hinkle's 3 with just over a minute left in the OT while down 4 was huge. It was his only points of the game.

Nick True will have to stay out of foul trouble for the Birds to compete against the bigger teams in the region. He played limited minutes and fouled out in the middle of the 4th qtr.

I have to disagree with Q a little bit - and I'm sure most St H fans would also - there was a lot of contact and a few more fouls could have been called. My perspective may have been skewed after watching the end of the frosh and the entire JV game. Over 75 fouls in the 2 games combined. I think the refs thought we paid to see them. It became a competition to see who could call the most fouls (younger ref winner). Went to a basketball game and free throw shooting contest broke out.

Nice for the Birds to get a win early in the season. This was a bad match-up for St Henry. The Cru is just not physical enough. They got beat up on the boards. HHS had several stick back baskets and a couple of garbage buckets in the OT that helped get the victory. Hinkle's 3 with just over a minute left in the OT while down 4 was huge. It was his only points of the game.

Nick True will have to stay out of foul trouble for the Birds to compete against the bigger teams in the region. He played limited minutes and fouled out in the middle of the 4th qtr.

I have to disagree with Q a little bit - and I'm sure most St H fans would also - there was a lot of contact and a few more fouls could have been called. My perspective may have been skewed after watching the end of the frosh and the entire JV game. Over 75 fouls in the 2 games combined. I think the refs thought we paid to see them. It became a competition to see who could call the most fouls (younger ref winner). Went to a basketball game and free throw shooting contest broke out.

Who won the frosh and JV games?