Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport 73 Holy Cross 68

Featured Replies

Interesting that we have polar opposite discussions going in two threads. This one: CCH has enough balance. The other: CCH relies too much on Nick R.

 

Not sure what you mean with that, thought I was consistent. I think CCH has much better support for Nick R than Dixie and HC do for theirs. Maybe I wasn't clear. I was responding to Game and I thought CCH would still be a tough out without Nick R.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what you mean with that, thought I was consistent. I think CCH has much better support for Nick R than Dixie and HC do for theirs. Maybe I wasn't clear. I was responding to Game and I thought CCH would still be a tough out without Nick R.

 

You were clear. I was saying others in another thread are saying CCH can't win unless Nick scores a lot.

You were clear. I was saying others in another thread are saying CCH can't win unless Nick scores a lot.

 

Gotcha, we need to meet some time. If you are at Holmes I sit down in front of the band, drop by and see the old man.

Gotcha, we need to meet some time. If you are at Holmes I sit down in front of the band, drop by and see the old man.

 

Are you the only "old man" in front of the band?

Are you the only "old man" in front of the band?

 

Usually, I sit with the pretty blonde that is the Supt.

Interesting that we have polar opposite discussions going in two threads. This one: CCH has enough balance. The other: CCH relies too much on Nick R.

 

I have been following that too! Even the Anti CovCath Walter seems to be playing both sides some on this subject. :D

Travis Gabbard is the starter for HC, not Gabbert. This has been getting mispelled all year. Walter, make a note of this.

 

Jaq Short and Pearson were the dynamic duo last night for Newport. Both were terrific. HC was down 18 middle way through the 3rd quarter when they made their run and eventually tied it with a minute left and had a possession to take the lead but turned the ball over. Christian McClendon was terrific for the Indians. Tiberi gave HC a nice lift off the bench hitting 3 from behind the arc.

 

I was at Newport/Dixie Saturday night where there were 40+ fouls called. Last night with Newport/HC there was barely half that many called. Totally different game to watch as a fan. I actually like when they allow the kids to play, within reason, but how the 2 games played out were totally different IMO. Refs were allowing a lot more contact last night then they did in the game Saturday night.

 

Someone else said it in another thread but Newport adding the 2 transfers to to go along with who they had coming back, they are going to a team that can upset some people and be a team to watch in that weak district. I see them and NCC as the 2 coming out of there to get to the region. Very athletic team.

 

Indians travel to Cooper Friday.

Travis Gabbard is the starter for HC, not Gabbert. This has been getting mispelled all year. Walter, make a note of this.

 

Jaq Short and Pearson were the dynamic duo last night for Newport. Both were terrific. HC was down 18 middle way through the 3rd quarter when they made their run and eventually tied it with a minute left and had a possession to take the lead but turned the ball over. Christian McClendon was terrific for the Indians. Tiberi gave HC a nice lift off the bench hitting 3 from behind the arc.

 

I was at Newport/Dixie Saturday night where there were 40+ fouls called. Last night with Newport/HC there was barely half that many called. Totally different game to watch as a fan. I actually like when they allow the kids to play, within reason, but how the 2 games played out were totally different IMO. Refs were allowing a lot more contact last night then they did in the game Saturday night.

 

Someone else said it in another thread but Newport adding the 2 transfers to to go along with who they had coming back, they are going to a team that can upset some people and be a team to watch in that weak district. I see them and NCC as the 2 coming out of there to get to the region. Very athletic team.

 

Indians travel to Cooper Friday.

 

Its a little early to be predicting District winners and runners up dont you think? Its all about the draw anyway as you know.

 

I have been talking highly of Newport as well here in the early season, Snapp has done a nice job in finding kids from Cincinnati to fill that roster. Maybe it will work out for him and he can get the Wildcats back to the Region, who knows. However, we are only a couple games into the season. You just never know what can happen in Newport as the season goes on.

That's what we do Q, make predictions and comments about games and teams. When you are able to get out to see some games you will be doing the same thing. Also, I know what's in that district and it has been the weakest basketball district, by far, the last several years. Don't take offense to it Q. Highlands will be back at some point. I have always like Coach Flynn.

Also, I know what's in that district and it has been the weakest basketball district, by far, the last several years.

 

I don't think you can have that discussion without including the 34th.

My wish came true of seeing Short and Pearson share more floor time together and they did not disappoint. Huge double scoring threat. No doubt early on HC looked rusty, but of course this was their first game of the season going up against a Newport team that has already been tested by Holmes and Dixie, gaining the Wildcats much experience and confidence. When the Indians got the 1st half kinks out they turned it on with much feistiness and almost destroyed the decent lead that the Wildcats held most of the game. They tied it up with under a minute to go. They grew up real fast in one half and by game's end they had thrown their hat in the 9th Region ring. I'm guessing they'll start playing 32 full minutes with that intensity and the discussion of their weaknesses will soon switch gears to talk about their strengths. I must admit that Campbell has me a bit confused. One minute I'm thinking that he is too slow and not as advertised, and the next he's a solid towering force dramatically altering the game. No doubt he can't be ignored. I was impressed with Newport keeping their poise and finishing out the game strong when they were on the ropes. Neither teams' losing record is a testament to anything. They're both tough. The 9th Region's theme this year is shaping up to be "On any given night" as there are numerous teams that have enough strength to pull off a victory over anyone else. Perhaps the likes of Holmes and NewCath appear to stand out, but I don't think that the gap between the top 10 teams are as wide as some may think. There's talent everywhere this year. My personal pre-season pick was NewCath mostly because of their size. After now seeing 7 of the top 10 teams in action, I just don't know anymore. I like it that way as it makes for an incredibly interesting season.

Probably right Clyde, it would be a discussion between those 2 districts after looking at it again.

After now seeing 7 of the top 10 teams in action, I just don't know anymore. I like it that way as it makes for an incredibly interesting season.

 

I agree. Its going to be a fun and exciting season! I've now had a chance to see NCC, Newport, Holmes, CCH, Dixie, Conner, St Henry and Bishop Brossart. For me, the two teams who stand out the most are Holmes and then CCH. Right now they are my clear 1 and 2. (Sorry I haven't seen Cooper nor HC yet)

 

Also, Bishop Brossart looked really good to me. How do they stack up to the rest of the teams in NKY?

That's what we do Q, make predictions and comments about games and teams. When you are able to get out to see some games you will be doing the same thing. Also, I know what's in that district and it has been the weakest basketball district, by far, the last several years. Don't take offense to it Q. Highlands will be back at some point. I have always like Coach Flynn.

 

Oh I dont and you are correct. It is what it is brother. Highlands will always be a football school and the basketball program will suffer. I just hope they can be competitive this year.

 

I am anxious to see the Wildcats in action though, I have heard some good things about them thus far.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.