December 4, 201213 yr Recalling the thread of how UK fans react to a loss, I am not surprised by the negative twitter comments. Without the prospects of a national championship, the season is a failure already in many "fans" eyes. This is why I cannot be a UK fan.
December 4, 201213 yr Perhaps if the players were working on their basketball skills and not on twitter they might have won a few games last week.
December 4, 201213 yr Author Perhaps if the players were working on their basketball skills and not on twitter they might have won a few games last week. Yeah, because they would have improved soooooo much in that time they lost on twitter. Come on, plantman.
December 4, 201213 yr Just listened to Cal press conference on the game tonight. He stated that because of twitter it made Jorts a NBA player. Hopefully this will wake up some of this team.
December 4, 201213 yr Perhaps if the players were working on their basketball skills and not on twitter they might have won a few games last week. I really hope this what sarcasm, but from what I remember about comment that was made in the Break Room forum a month or so ago, not much surprises me.
December 4, 201213 yr It disgusts me if the real reason they removed their accounts was because of fans attacking the players, and I'm sure it was. I really hate this. But at the same time, what did Cal expect when he's constantly promoting his players on Twitter? Gotta take the good with the bad I guess, unfortunately there is a lot of bad. Should never be anything be positive to those young men you support. You're not a true fan by personally attacking them. Say what you want on message boards, with your friends, but not like this. Bingo.
December 4, 201213 yr Perhaps if the players were working on their basketball skills and not on twitter they might have won a few games last week. That is so stupid to say and tells me you know nothing of coaching or even practicing basketball.
December 4, 201213 yr I really hope this what sarcasm, but from what I remember about comment that was made in the Break Room forum a month or so ago, not much surprises me. Your telling me UK fans arent thinking it?
December 4, 201213 yr Your telling me UK fans arent thinking it? UK fans who are thinking that are foolish and don't have an appreciation for how hard these kids truly work at being better basketball players, while also focusing on their studies, and living up to all the other expectations that our fan base has put on them. If a UK fan honestly thinks these kids should get off Twitter to focus more on basketball, then they are out of touch with reality in my opinion.
December 4, 201213 yr Your telling me UK fans arent thinking it? I'm pretty sure you are the only one. That's a ridiculous thought to be honest.
December 4, 201213 yr UK fans who are thinking that are foolish and don't have an appreciation for how hard these kids truly work at being better basketball players, while also focusing on their studies, and living up to all the other expectations that our fan base has put on them. If a UK fan honestly thinks these kids should get off Twitter to focus more on basketball, then they are out of touch with reality in my opinion. UK fans are foolish in general, I mean really they think their football team should be competitive in the SEC, what!!!! UK lost a couple basketball games big woo, so will most every other team in D1 this year at some point. Let the kids tweet and toot and status and like and pin and whatever else there is to do. If they didnt know how to dribble they wouldnt be at UK. I was just making the "UK FAN" statement.
December 4, 201213 yr I believe Tom Leach said there were "around 20" bad messages according to WCS. Thats NOT very many. Nerlens has over 69,000 followers for reference.
December 4, 201213 yr I'm pretty sure you are the only one. That's a ridiculous thought to be honest. Agreed, but not shocking that he would think that though...He's the same poster who commented that a tragic fatal accident was "karma" for a youth football coach, a couple months back.
December 4, 201213 yr Those UK fans (if they really are UK fans) who are doing this kind of crap are complete idiots. The message that is being sent to 17 and 18 year old potential recruits is that UK fans will love you as long as you are winning, and if you're not, well... These supposed UK fans who are doing this should really be pleased with themselves when the Harrison twins and others either decommit or choose others schools. Probably UL fans!!!!!!!!!!
December 4, 201213 yr Most of these young players are just removed from high school about 6 month's ago and are still young men. I can not beleive anyone can attack these young player's. At least last year the in coming freshmen had some kind of supporting cast. This year they are just not there and everyone left. Thing about what you were doing when you just gradated high school six months into your freshmen year in college. I was sweating my you know what off becoming a Marine. Lets give these young players time to grow a little. Just my opinion. JD
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.