Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rick Majerus has died

Featured Replies

Loved Coach Majerus. Some of his great quotes regarding Kentucky. RIP Coach!!!!

 

 

Responding to Kentucky coach Rick Pitino's tongue-in-cheek assertion that his Wildcats would be the underdog in their 1996 NCAA Tournament game ...

"If we're getting in a sumo ring, he and I, then he's the underdog. I'll crush him. But on the court, we're in trouble."

[salt Lake Tribune 3/24/1996]

 

About how the Utes' season keeps ending with a loss to Kentucky..

"When I die, they might as well bury me at the finish line at Churchill Downs so they can run over me one more time."

[New Orleans Times-Picayune 3/9/1999]

 

He said that he had tried to arrange a home and home series with the University of Kentucky, but they refused. "I'd play Kentucky home and home every year. Book it right now. I'd do anything to get them there. They want to ski on a mountain, I can get them a mountain to ski on. For privacy I can get them to Redford's place and they can eat like kings. But Kentucky ain't coming to play us." "I also said I'd like to date Ashley Judd and you know, she ain't gonna do that either. That was her dad that was here with me before. He looked at me and he's happy I'm not dating her either." "I am like Kentucky's favorite punching bag. People in Kentucky love me. 'I'd like me too if I lost every game."

[Louisville, KY newspaper, 2000]

 

On how he planned to stop the Kentucky Wildcats in a 1996 NCAA tournament match-up ...

"Food poisoning!"

[Houston Chronicle 3/20/1996]

I didn't even realize that he was in bad shape. Hate hearing this. Prayers for his family.

 

 

He's been in bad shape for years. I didn't know he had been in the hospital recently (the past two months) but I figured it was pretty bad for him to leave since hoops was his life.

"Some guys smoke. Some guys drink. Some guys chase women. I'm a big barbecue-sauce guy."... "I'm like that guy on the Odd Couple, and it's not the neat guy. I go into my room and find pieces of pizza under the laundry."

[Arizona Republic, 3/17/1998]

 

RIP Big Guy !

I enjoyed watching him coach and his insights when he was an ESPN analyst.

Rest in peace Coach Majerus.

He was head coach at Marquette when I went there. I followed his career ever since. Even when he coached against Kentucky, I kinda always pulled for him. He was just a real likable guy.

 

RIP, Coach.

Marquette players have a "RM" ribbon thing on their uniforms tonight at the MU/UCONN game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.