Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner vs Cooper Game Cancelled 12/1

Featured Replies

Neither team has a game Monday Dec. 3rd. (and cooper girls have no home game).

If I was Conner, I'd want to play them then.

 

 

I agree 100%.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 

If the reason is because they are missing football players then that is horrible, IMO.

 

Check Central's record the year Holmes beat them for the state championship.

Check Central's record the year Holmes beat them for the state championship.

 

That's not my point. If you are worried about football players missing games then schedule appropriately. Central proves my point more than anything else. Christian County also. Don't cancel games because you are missing football players. Cancel games because you want 100% support from your entire student body and because should want the members of the basketball program to be there to support the football team. Don't cancel because you're missing three football players who may or may not be starters. That's weak.

There are 12 programs that has basketball players playing football. I believe BG has a basketball game at 1 PM on Saturday and their best player is lining up at wide receiver Saturday afternoon.

  • Author
Wow, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. It has everything to do with the basketball team still having players (3 starters for the basketball team) still playing football.

 

If the game was scheduled for Thursday night they would still ask to postpone the game. I don't know where you are getting your story from, but you couldn't be more wrong.

 

My info came directly from Coach Sullivan. I think the PC line is to say let's reschedule for the Cooper fan base. But as I said in an earlier post, I'm sure getting the football kids back and in basketball shape is a huge factor in this request to reschedule. If the roles were reversed Conner would also be missing 3 starters. I'm sure Coach Hicks would be taking the same steps.

 

That's not my point. If you are worried about football players missing games then schedule appropriately. Central proves my point more than anything else. Christian County also. Don't cancel games because you are missing football players. Cancel games because you want 100% support from your entire student body and because should want the members of the basketball program to be there to support the football team. Don't cancel because you're missing three football players who may or may not be starters. That's weak.

 

I was agreeing with your point and using Central as an example.

I was agreeing with your point and using Central as an example.

 

My bad. I probably need another Snickers. :D

I don't see where Conner should be upset about rescheduling. Surely they want to try to beat Cooper at full strength. I honestly believe Cooper would beat Conner without the football players. But, seriously, neither school makes it to the state finals on a regular basis and to deny the basketball players a chance to watch their friends a chance to win State would be plain stupid.

 

There is zero doubt that Cooper would reschedule if Conner was playing. IMO Cooper will roll through their district this year so if I was Coach Sullivan I would have forfeited if Hicks had an issue with canceling the game. If the above post is true that Hicks said "too bad" about Cooper wanting to cancel then I lost all respect for the man. I hope Thisguy was wrong but he put it in quotes.

Game is December 10th.

Game is December 10th.

 

9 days after Football game. Don't think football players will have an impact(if they even play). Weather forecast for 6-8 inches of snow on the 10th so starting thread on how snow cancellation will effect this game to whose favor. Predict 57 posts.

I don't see where Conner should be upset about rescheduling. Surely they want to try to beat Cooper at full strength. I honestly believe Cooper would beat Conner without the football players. But, seriously, neither school makes it to the state finals on a regular basis and to deny the basketball players a chance to watch their friends a chance to win State would be plain stupid.

 

There is zero doubt that Cooper would reschedule if Conner was playing. IMO Cooper will roll through their district this year so if I was Coach Sullivan I would have forfeited if Hicks had an issue with canceling the game. If the above post is true that Hicks said "too bad" about Cooper wanting to cancel then I lost all respect for the man. I hope Thisguy was wrong but he put it in quotes.

 

 

Was the girls game cancelled that was to be played at Dixie today?

  • Author
Was the girls game cancelled that was to be played at Dixie today?

 

Hmmm. Very interesting question. If they did it would be very hypocritical and add some credibility to the "real" reason why the boys' game was cancelled. Can anyone confirm if the Cooper girls team played today? Also, good luck to Cooper football today.

No - Girls played and beat Dixie (who refused to cancel)

 

Dixie is pretty classless like that!

The Cooper girls and the fans that stayed back to support them, missed a great football game in BG thanks to the Dixie administration.

Was the girls game cancelled that was to be played at Dixie today?

 

As mentioned below they did not cancel. I'm not sure if Dixie refused is the correct reason or not. From what I heard is the game was part of a tournament and unless they were playing in the 7th/8th place finish game that they didn't feel it was fair to Dixie to mess up their tournament.

 

If you compare that to a regular season game (although a district game) then so be it. As I mentioned before, the Boone County Super Poe had to make the decision for this game to be delayed which is sad if you are Conner as does not show much character. I would love for coach Sullivan to play the game without the football players if that would settle it so people don't think it's just to have them play versus the real reason is to let the basketball players go watch the football game. Cooper would beat Conner without the football players, IMO, anyway and may win by 30 just to prove a point.

 

The decision to postpone was the correct one and the players watched their classmates in the State Finals and had a great time!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.