Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner vs Cooper Game Cancelled 12/1

Featured Replies

Are you saying Conner is the #1 team in the region?

 

No.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at this post from "this guy":

 

"Meaningless? Why don't you try telling that to the coaches and players (of both schools) that have been working their tails off since July that this is a meaningless game? It is for district seeding, it is a rivalry game, it's for bragging rights, and it's the #1 team in the Region (in some polls) playing an early season game vs a district school that took away half of their student base 5 years ago. I'm on board as saying I completely understand why the game is being moved, but don't short change the basketball only players who have put in as much time and effort as the football teams."

 

Maybe I misread it.

I was looking at this post from "this guy":

 

"Meaningless? Why don't you try telling that to the coaches and players (of both schools) that have been working their tails off since July that this is a meaningless game? It is for district seeding, it is a rivalry game, it's for bragging rights, and it's the #1 team in the Region (in some polls) playing an early season game vs a district school that took away half of their student base 5 years ago. I'm on board as saying I completely understand why the game is being moved, but don't short change the basketball only players who have put in as much time and effort as the football teams."

 

Maybe I misread it.

 

You did misread it. He is referring to Cooper being #1 in some polls.

  • Author
Are you saying Conner is the #1 team in the region?

 

No I'm referring to Cooper. Just stating that it is not meaningless from either team's perspective because of all the factors involved, including the oppty for Conner to compete against arguably the top team in the 9th region this year.

I never really understood this whole early seeding crap. Teams are still young and healthy or unhealthy from pre season injuries and then football legs from those coming over from football. Whoever gets the top seed early could be the first team out in the end of the season, so the value of this game is what other than early season rankings??? Help me out here with some facts about the seeding process.

Do any other districts play 2 district games against each opponent?

No I'm referring to Cooper. Just stating that it is not meaningless from either team's perspective because of all the factors involved, including the oppty for Conner to compete against arguably the top team in the 9th region this year.

 

Gotcha now. I would think Conner would want to play a full strength Cooper first to get a better measurement of where they stand against them later on down the road.

Good. I had heard that administration at Conner was not wanting to cancel.

 

It's the right thing to do since this is a district game. I would have expected Cooper to do the same had Conner been so fortunate.

I heard the same thing but didn't want to make a post about it to wait for the official decision. I'm glad they agreed to postpone the game, Cooper would of done the same if the roles were reversed.

 

Great call Conner and thanks

I'll take your word for it as you seem to be close. I'm surprised though. I saw a lot of thin student sections for home games. My guess it's more about the road trip aspect than supporting Cooper.

Well I will tell you there were several Conner students sitting with Cooper fans at the Franklin County game which I was happy to see.

One of my sons best friends plays football for Conner and I bet he'd be more than happy to ride down with us to watch the game Saturday.

I believe Conner was willing to reschedule but they wanted the game moved up, not back, which is not hard to blame them and if that's your team I'd think you'd feel the same way. That was my next question--do you think Cooper would be as accommodating if the situation was reversed? This has become a big rival in football with, IMO some petty controversy, and now you are intertwining this situation and hoops into the equation.
Yes most definitely it would of been no problem for Cooper to reschedule if the roles were reversed. Trust me, there may be some hate/jealousy between the two schools but since my time being this close to the situation the last couple years it has seemed to be more hatred on one side of the rivalry more than the other. So to answer your question, there is no doubt in my mind that Cooper would of rescheduled.
Also, the game is not being rescheduled to allow football players to return for the District game, it's being done in order to allow the Cooper fanbase (including players, parents, cheerleaders, etc) to travel to the football game and not worry about missing a basketball game. At least that is what is being said by Cooper. I'm sure there is an underlying motivation to postpone for the aforementioned reason.
Wow, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. It has everything to do with the basketball team still having players (3 starters for the basketball team) still playing football.

 

If the game was scheduled for Thursday night they would still ask to postpone the game. I don't know where you are getting your story from, but you couldn't be more wrong.

I can think of at least 2 who would either start of be first off the bench. Not sure if the Shelton kid plays football.

yea, 3 starters that I can think of including Shelton.

 

Collins, Morgan, and Shelton

Do any other districts play 2 district games against each opponent?

 

45th does. Everyone plays each other twice. I believe they all do in the 12th Region to be honest.

Wow, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. It has everything to do with the basketball team still having players (3 starters for the basketball team) still playing football.

 

If the game was scheduled for Thursday night they would still ask to postpone the game. I don't know where you are getting your story from, but you couldn't be more wrong.

 

If the reason is because they are missing football players then that is horrible, IMO.

Neither team has a game Monday Dec. 3rd. (and cooper girls have no home game).

If I was Conner, I'd want to play them then.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.