Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner vs Cooper Game Cancelled 12/1

Featured Replies

Good decision by all involved. Glad to see that the 2 ADs at Conner and Cooper (Stellman and Borchers) were able to get their heads together on this one. Re-schedule when both are at full strength. That is the fair thing to do.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we all know where the fans would be at regardless of whether this game was played or not. Cooper should be extremely grateful to Conner for allowing the game to be rescheduled. I also understand why they did it. Cannot say I would have if I was the head coach at Conner. Too bad would be my reply.

 

Where is this game being played at? I'm thinking the main reason behind the cancellation for both teams has more to do with money than anything else. Home team loses a huge gate. Poor scheduling indeed. They should take notes from schools like Somerset whose first game is December 4. There's no law that says you must start your season before the football state finals are played.

Rescheduling because one team isn't at full strength is the wrong reason to reschedule IMO.

  • Author
I think we all know where the fans would be at regardless of whether this game was played or not. Cooper should be extremely grateful to Conner for allowing the game to be rescheduled. I also understand why they did it. Cannot say I would have if I was the head coach at Conner. Too bad would be my reply.

 

Where is this game being played at? I'm thinking the main reason behind the cancellation for both teams has more to do with money than anything else. Home team loses a huge gate. Poor scheduling indeed. They should take notes from schools like Somerset whose first game is December 4. There's no law that says you must start your season before the football state finals are played.

 

The game was scheduled to be played at Cooper at 430 pm. I believe the football game is slated for 3 pm. I believe Coach Hicks first response was "Too bad" or something to that effect, however, when the ADs and principals got involved it was out of his hands.

The game was scheduled to be played at Cooper at 430 pm. I believe the football game is slated for 3 pm. I believe Coach Hicks first response was "Too bad" or something to that effect, however, when the ADs and principals got involved it was out of his hands.

 

Yeah, sounds like a PR/money issue to me.

 

 

Love your handle and avatar. :lol: That' awesome.

Good call! Like it or not. This allows the basketball players at Cooper and Conner players and students to attend possibly a once in a lifetime event for some of their classmates and friends from the Copper football team. (yes Cooper students and Connor students still have friendships with each other!).. I think PurplPride92 might be a little worried about Cooper showing up in BG with two schools of fan support to offset that home field advantage BG has. lol

Good call! Like it or not. This allows the basketball players at Cooper and Conner players and students to attend possibly a once in a lifetime event for some of their classmates and friends from the Copper football team. (yes Cooper students and Connor students still have friendships with each other!).. I think PurplPride92 might be a little worried about Cooper showing up in BG with two schools of fan support to offset that home field advantage BG has. lol

 

 

There will not be many , if any , Conner students in Bowling Green rooting for Cooper.

I cannot believe that this is even being discussed. The game absolutely should be rescheduled whether it was Conner or Cooper in the finals on Saturday. Has nothing to do with full strength versus not IMO. Based upon some replies to this thread, some adults associated with both schools need to grow up and act like adults. This is a once in a lifetime experience for Cooper and their entire community should be able to enjoy it without having to worry about a meaningless basketball game in early December. And before telling me it is a district seeding game, I will tell you that it really does not matter in the grand scheme of things because regional tourney berths are earned in February.

There will not be many , if any , Conner students in Bowling Green rooting for Cooper.

 

More than you would like to know about Clyde.

I cannot believe that this is even being discussed. The game absolutely should be rescheduled whether it was Conner or Cooper in the finals on Saturday. Has nothing to do with full strength versus not IMO. Based upon some replies to this thread, some adults associated with both schools need to grow up and act like adults. This is a once in a lifetime experience for Cooper and their entire community should be able to enjoy it without having to worry about a meaningless basketball game in early December. And before telling me it is a district seeding game, I will tell you that it really does not matter in the grand scheme of things because regional tourney berths are earned in February.

 

Amen Brother!!!!! (or Sister)

More than you would like to know about Clyde.

 

I'll take your word for it as you seem to be close. I'm surprised though. I saw a lot of thin student sections for home games. My guess it's more about the road trip aspect than supporting Cooper.

I will tell you that it really does not matter in the grand scheme of things because regional tourney berths are earned in February.

 

Not in the 33rd. They're earned in November/early December as well as January and February.

Good call! Like it or not. This allows the basketball players at Cooper and Conner players and students to attend possibly a once in a lifetime event for some of their classmates and friends from the Copper football team. (yes Cooper students and Connor students still have friendships with each other!).. I think PurplPride92 might be a little worried about Cooper showing up in BG with two schools of fan support to offset that home field advantage BG has. lol

 

:lol: :lol:

 

Naw, I'm of the belief that the kids on the field decide the outcome not the fans in the stands. Allen County-Scottsville had the biggest crowd I have ever seen at the state finals and they still got beat. :D

 

 

I also know that if this game hadn't been canceled then only 12 kids and around 30+ adults would have missed the football game. :D

  • Author
I cannot believe that this is even being discussed. The game absolutely should be rescheduled whether it was Conner or Cooper in the finals on Saturday. Has nothing to do with full strength versus not IMO. Based upon some replies to this thread, some adults associated with both schools need to grow up and act like adults. This is a once in a lifetime experience for Cooper and their entire community should be able to enjoy it without having to worry about a meaningless basketball game in early December. And before telling me it is a district seeding game, I will tell you that it really does not matter in the grand scheme of things because regional tourney berths are earned in February.

 

Meaningless? Why don't you try telling that to the coaches and players (of both schools) that have been working their tails off since July that this is a meaningless game? It is for district seeding, it is a rivalry game, it's for bragging rights, and it's the #1 team in the Region (in some polls) playing an early season game vs a district school that took away half of their student base 5 years ago. I'm on board as saying I completely understand why the game is being moved, but don't short change the basketball only players who have put in as much time and effort as the football teams.

Meaningless? Why don't you try telling that to the coaches and players (of both schools) that have been working their tails off since July that this is a meaningless game? It is for district seeding, it is a rivalry game, it's for bragging rights, and it's the #1 team in the Region (in some polls) playing an early season game vs a district school that took away half of their student base 5 years ago. I'm on board as saying I completely understand why the game is being moved, but don't short change the basketball only players who have put in as much time and effort as the football teams.

 

Are you saying Conner is the #1 team in the region?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.