Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner vs Cooper Game Cancelled 12/1

Featured Replies

The Conner vs Cooper game scheduled for 5 pm this Saturday has been postponed in order to allow Cooper fans to travel and attend the Cooper football state championship. No make-up date has been determined. Obviously, this favors Cooper as they will likely have their football players return when this pivitol District game is ultimately played. Right call?

  • Replies 59
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good. I had heard that administration at Conner was not wanting to cancel.

 

It's the right thing to do since this is a district game. I would have expected Cooper to do the same had Conner been so fortunate.

The bigger question is why in the heck does the 33rd have district games so early?

  • Author
Good. I had heard that administration at Conner was not wanting to cancel.

 

It's the right thing to do since this is a district game. I would have expected Cooper to do the same had Conner been so fortunate.

 

I believe Conner was willing to reschedule but they wanted the game moved up, not back, which is not hard to blame them and if that's your team I'd think you'd feel the same way. That was my next question--do you think Cooper would be as accommodating if the situation was reversed? This has become a big rival in football with, IMO some petty controversy, and now you are intertwining this situation and hoops into the equation.

I believe Conner was willing to reschedule but they wanted the game moved up, not back, which is not hard to blame them and if that's your team I'd think you'd feel the same way. That was my next question--do you think Cooper would be as accommodating if the situation was reversed? This has become a big rival in football with, IMO some petty controversy, and now you are intertwining this situation and hoops into the equation.

 

I do not believe that Coach Sullivan would stand in Conner's way if the roles were reversed.

 

The pettiness of football (where to make coaches stand) is not present for basketball.

 

For the record, Conner is my team in this battle. I want both teams at full strength. It's what is best

  • Author
Good. I had heard that administration at Conner was not wanting to cancel.

 

It's the right thing to do since this is a district game. I would have expected Cooper to do the same had Conner been so fortunate.

 

Also, the game is not being rescheduled to allow football players to return for the District game, it's being done in order to allow the Cooper fanbase (including players, parents, cheerleaders, etc) to travel to the football game and not worry about missing a basketball game. At least that is what is being said by Cooper. I'm sure there is an underlying motivation to postpone for the aforementioned reason.

Also, the game is not being rescheduled to allow football players to return for the District game, it's being done in order to allow the Cooper fanbase (including players, parents, cheerleaders, etc) to travel to the football game and not worry about missing a basketball game. At least that is what is being said by Cooper. I'm sure there is an underlying motivation to postpone for the aforementioned reason.

 

Every Cooper kid, basketball players included, should have the rare opportunity to watch fellow classmates in a state championship. That is the reason the game is being moved and it is the right decision.

 

Who decides / dictates that district games are in the first week or two of the season? Asinine.

The bigger question is why in the heck does the 33rd have district games so early?

 

Especially if you have football players that may not be able to play. How many football players from Cooper also play hoops?

Especially if you have football players that may not be able to play. How many football players from Cooper also play hoops?

 

I can think of at least 2 who would either start of be first off the bench. Not sure if the Shelton kid plays football.

  • Author
Every Cooper kid, basketball players included, should have the rare opportunity to watch fellow classmates in a state championship. That is the reason the game is being moved and it is the right decision.

 

Who decides / dictates that district games are in the first week or two of the season? Asinine.

 

I believe the head Varsity coach makes the schedule in unison with the AD (who confirms gym availability). I agree though, crazy to play that big of a district game 5 days into the season.

Every Cooper kid, basketball players included, should have the rare opportunity to watch fellow classmates in a state championship. That is the reason the game is being moved and it is the right decision.

 

Who decides / dictates that district games are in the first week or two of the season? Asinine.

 

:thumb: Couldn't agree more with everything mentioned. Definitely the right decision to reschedule the basketball game.

I'll be the wet blanket.

 

 

Poor decision. Coaches from both schools could have easily checked the calendar and found out when the state football finals are. This benefits Cooper a ton. Should have thought about that when making the schedule. It's obviously no secret at Cooper that the football team had a realistic chance to be playing this weekend.

  • Author
I'll be the wet blanket.

 

 

Poor decision. Coaches from both schools could have easily checked the calendar and found out when the state football finals are. This benefits Cooper a ton. Should have thought about that when making the schedule. It's obviously no secret at Cooper that the football team had a realistic chance to be playing this weekend.

 

I see both sides of this. Certainly, this does give Cooper an advantage, and I can understand some of the resistance from Conner. On the same note, I agree with alot of the comments on here about how the Cooper fanbase should be able to attend a state championship without conflicts. The scheduling was done poorly. I don't think it's too far-fetched to think that Conner also had realistic expectations to be playing football this Sat.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.