Karl Towns' Announcement Set?

Michael Corleone

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No clue how it's going to turn out, but I know he grew up with Al Horford posters plastered on his wall.

And a big favorite at that I believe.

I would think it's either UK or Florida. I thought him playing for the Dominican team would make him a strong UK lean, then I read Florida was his dream school, & now all the chatter is that UK is the favorite.

I'm getting dizzy. :lol:

I know this guy is an elite big, but anyone with some insight know his defining characteristics? True big man? Versatile? Hybrid?

Very versatile. Good size and can step out and shoot it, excellent passer to be at this stage in his career. Consensus #1 for a reason.

He's been on coaches radars for a while now and maybe he is tired of it all and wants to put it to rest. 2 more years of that would get old.

Raise your hand if you think schools will stop recruiting him.

Heck, some people say "recruiting doesn't start until you commit."

Raise your hand if you think schools will stop recruiting him.

Heck, some people say "recruiting doesn't start until you commit."

I'm sure some will still be after him but not nearly as bad if he commits to someone already. If I had to guess most coaches understand where they stand and it doesn't seem like anyone other than UK and FL have a chance in hell.

I wish I could have reclassified when I was in high school. I hated school from day one if I could have shaved a year off it would have been an easy decision.

Is it possible for him to classify to 2013? That seems extreme.

It's actually kind of funny that you say that, because in an interview, his dad didn't rule out reclassifying to 2014 OR 2013. Again, like you said, 2013 is way extreme, but just what Sr. said. I've read/heard from multiple people all around, and from people the are supposedly close to the Towns family, and apparently it's UK, and everyone knows it, just waiting for it to be announced from Jr.