Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Karl Towns' Announcement Set?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 75
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No clue how it's going to turn out, but I know he grew up with Al Horford posters plastered on his wall.

Everything I've read says UK is the favorite.

 

And a big favorite at that I believe.

No clue how it's going to turn out, but I know he grew up with Al Horford posters plastered on his wall.

 

And a big favorite at that I believe.

 

I would think it's either UK or Florida. I thought him playing for the Dominican team would make him a strong UK lean, then I read Florida was his dream school, & now all the chatter is that UK is the favorite.

 

I'm getting dizzy. :lol:

Seems odd to commit before you start your soph season in high school.

I know this guy is an elite big, but anyone with some insight know his defining characteristics? True big man? Versatile? Hybrid?

 

Very versatile. Good size and can step out and shoot it, excellent passer to be at this stage in his career. Consensus #1 for a reason.

Seems odd to commit before you start your soph season in high school.

 

He's been on coaches radars for a while now and maybe he is tired of it all and wants to put it to rest. 2 more years of that would get old.

He's been on coaches radars for a while now and maybe he is tired of it all and wants to put it to rest. 2 more years of that would get old.

 

Especially if you already have a pretty good idea where you want to go.

He's been on coaches radars for a while now and maybe he is tired of it all and wants to put it to rest. 2 more years of that would get old.

 

Raise your hand if you think schools will stop recruiting him.

 

Heck, some people say "recruiting doesn't start until you commit."

Seems odd to commit before you start your soph season in high school.

 

True, unless you know that you are going to reclassify, which basically makes it before his junior season I guess.

Raise your hand if you think schools will stop recruiting him.

 

Heck, some people say "recruiting doesn't start until you commit."

 

I'm sure some will still be after him but not nearly as bad if he commits to someone already. If I had to guess most coaches understand where they stand and it doesn't seem like anyone other than UK and FL have a chance in hell.

Raise your hand if you think schools will stop recruiting him.

 

Heck, some people say "recruiting doesn't start until you commit."

 

Certainly true in a lot of cases.

  • Author

I wish I could have reclassified when I was in high school. I hated school from day one if I could have shaved a year off it would have been an easy decision.

 

Is it possible for him to classify to 2013? That seems extreme.

Sounds like a)UK is the prohibitive favorite and b)good chance he moves up to 2014.

I wish I could have reclassified when I was in high school. I hated school from day one if I could have shaved a year off it would have been an easy decision.

 

Is it possible for him to classify to 2013? That seems extreme.

 

It's actually kind of funny that you say that, because in an interview, his dad didn't rule out reclassifying to 2014 OR 2013. Again, like you said, 2013 is way extreme, but just what Sr. said. I've read/heard from multiple people all around, and from people the are supposedly close to the Towns family, and apparently it's UK, and everyone knows it, just waiting for it to be announced from Jr.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.