Sydney Moss

Granddaughter Sydney Moss started her first game at Florida and was named player of the game with 9 points, 9 assists, and 10 rebounds. New assist record for a freshman. Go girl!

Awesome to hear. Congratulations Sydney and I wish you continued success throughout your career. Great job! Really look forward to following her and hopefully seeing her play in Lexington. Please keep updating us WVFrank.

Sydney Moss Just Shy of Triple Double in Florida Debut

From the Florida Women's Basketball web site:

Freshman Sydney Moss (Union, Ky.) nearly had a triple-double in her Gator debut Friday night as her nine points, 10 rebounds and nine assists helped the University of Florida women’s basketball team to a 71-49 season-opening win over Fairfield in the O’Connell Center.

Sydney also made a nice statement regarding her Grandpa's advice, who has had some serious health issues since her HS graduation:

Gator Freshman Sydney Moss

On contributing in other ways than scoring:

“My grandpa told me one time when I was playing AAU that if I am not scoring I should at least contribute to the team whether it is rebounds, assists, or good defense. Even though I wasn’t scoring I tried to contribute to the team.”

Congrats Sydney! Way to make Boone County HS and Kentucky proud!

Can't wait for her Jan. 3rd game at UK.