Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scheduling a Sports Fundraiser on Friday Night of the 2nd Round of Playoffs

Featured Replies

Holy Cross (Covington) scheduled a sports fundraiser for this Friday so now scheduling the NCC/HC playoff game has become an issue. I guess HC figured they would be hosting a 2nd round playoff game and could just schedule it on Saturday. Now NCC is being pressured into moving the game from Friday to either Thursday or Monday. It's exam week at NCC so Thursday is bad and Saturday gives them one less day to recover and stay healthy for a regional final. Come on HC.....really?

  • Replies 46
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Holy Cross (Covington) scheduled a sports fundraiser for this Friday so now scheduling the NCC/HC playoff game has become an issue. I guess HC figured they would be hosting a 2nd round playoff game and could just schedule it on Saturday. Now NCC is being pressured into moving the game from Friday to either Thursday or Monday. It's exam week at NCC so Thursday is bad and Saturday gives them one less day to recover and stay healthy for a regional final. Come on HC.....really?

I meant Thursday or Saturday.

I wouldn't accommodate them. NCC earned the right to host, HC made a poor scheduling decision; maybe they will make a better choice or perform better next year.

HC also scheduled Homecoming for a weekend they had an away game.

 

I say play it Friday.

 

Winning has its Privileges.

HC also schedules another fundraiser every year the friday after Thanksgiving which I attend every year, it's a Texas holdem tourney. Great tourney, but last year it fell on the same night that HC was playing in the state finals.

Holy Cross (Covington) scheduled a sports fundraiser for this Friday so now scheduling the NCC/HC playoff game has become an issue. I guess HC figured they would be hosting a 2nd round playoff game and could just schedule it on Saturday. Now NCC is being pressured into moving the game from Friday to either Thursday or Monday. It's exam week at NCC so Thursday is bad and Saturday gives them one less day to recover and stay healthy for a regional final. Come on HC.....really?

Wow. Really is right. The only pressure I'd feel as the NewCath AD would be the pressure on my heart from the out of control laughter.

My first reaction would also be to not work with them. However, I would think members of the same Diocese would be encouraged to work with each other in regards to fundraising.

My first reaction would also be to not work with them. However, I would think members of the same Diocese would be encouraged to work with each other in regards to fundraising.

 

I would agree, however I think it's some really dumb planning on Holy Cross's part for scheduling something on this date. What in Sam's hell were they thinkin'? :idunno:

The only concern I would see for New Cath playing on Thurs is the exams. It wouldn't be fair to those young men to play on a school night and have exams the next morning.

Thursday is out of the question. KHSAA playoff games must be played on Friday or Saturday. Often referred to as the Dudley Hilton rule.

I would think members of the same Diocese would be encouraged to work with each other in regards to fundraising.
This is what it really boils down to. Within the diocese, the Bishop breaks all ties. :cool:
I would agree, however I think it's some really dumb planning on Holy Cross's part for scheduling something on this date. What in Sam's hell were they thinkin'? :idunno:

 

The reason the fundraiser is on this date is because that's when speaker Marty Brenneman said it had to be to fit his schedule. It's very unfortunate, but this is the school's biggest fundraiser of the year. Getting another speaker was discussed due to the date, but it couldn't be worked out.

This is what it really boils down to. Within the diocese, the Bishop breaks all ties. :cool:

 

Oh your so very, very correct. :D

Thursday is out of the question. KHSAA playoff games must be played on Friday or Saturday. Often referred to as the Dudley Hilton rule.

I don't think this is correct. There was at least one playoff game on Thursday last week (Fairiview/Phelps).

Edited by Ram

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.