Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Looking for Some Good Music

Featured Replies

Just looking for some good music that I don't really know tonight. So for those of you who turn your nose up to me because I listen to some Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney, and Toby Keith from time to time...now is your chance. I like songs that tell a story.

 

I'm also looking for some solid rap songs that I don't know.

 

Go...

Give Mumford & Sons a try or The Civil Wars.

As for rap try Future's new album Pluto. I really like "turn on the lights"...

  • Author
Give Mumford & Sons a try or The Civil Wars.

As for rap try Future's new album Pluto. I really like "turn on the lights"...

 

I've heard a few of Mumford & Sons, any specific songs?

 

Also, I really enjoy Poison and Wine...any others?

Mumford & Sons Thistle & weeds may be my favorite, a little slow though. Little Lion Man was my favorite for a while but I've played it to death. Give those two a try...

Barton Hollow is a good one by The Civil Wars, their harmony is unmatched...

Drive-By Truckers

Chris Knight

Band of Horses

Drive-By Truckers

Chris Knight

Band of Horses

 

Second these.

 

Agreed.

 

A few of my favorite Drive By Truckers songs:

Guitar Man Upstairs

Zip City

Women Without Whiskey

Your Daddy Hates Me

Where The Devil Don't Stay

The Boys From Alabama

Daddys Cup

 

I'd also like to add Uncle Tupelo, Wilco, Old Crow Medicine Show and The Punch Brothers to my list of bands.

A specific new song I really like is "Merry Go Round" by Kacey Musgrave. It's getting minimal airplay on country stations, so you may already heard it.

 

I like all of Kenny Chesney's recent stuff, again you likely have already heard it though.

 

And, if you like songs that tell a story, give Taylor Swift's "Red" a listen. Several good tracks on it.

Agreed.

 

A few of my favorite Drive By Truckers songs:

Guitar Man Upstairs

Zip City

Women Without Whiskey

Your Daddy Hates Me

Where The Devil Don't Stay

The Boys From Alabama

Daddys Cup

 

I'd also like to add Uncle Tupelo, Wilco, Old Crow Medicine Show and The Punch Brothers to my list of bands.

 

All these are top notch.

The new Dwight Yoakam album 3 Pears is awesome.I recommend looking at the What are you spinning threads!

 

Remember,Just because some music has been around for a long time,it maybe something you have never heard.I also consider that new music...:thumb:

I like Emerson Drive, a Canadian Country group and the McClymonts, a sister Country group from Australia.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.