Trinity 56 George Rogers Clark 7

PepRock01

Congrats to the Rocks for the big win and moving on.

To the GRC Seniors and team - Thank you for giving your all this season. It was a rough schedule, and even when things were at their bleakest; you continued to play with all your heart. Best of luck in all that you pursue in life.

To the rest of the Cardinal team - Next season begins tomorrow!

I never saw them, but that team was supposed to be GOOOOOD.

They were. The Cardinals went undefeated,15-0, beating Boone County, Trinity and St. Xavier three weeks in a row to win the 4A state championship.

That Clark County team featured "a million-dollar backfield" — quarterback Jerome Embry and running backs Eric Clay and Tim Hampton — that masterfully executed the wing-T .

I never saw them, but that team was supposed to be GOOOOOD.

I saw them and they were an awesome team. You know thinking back what has happened to Kentucky football statewide? The teams in 6A not named Trinity or St. X have fallen off the map when compared to

teams in the 90's and early 2000's. We were talking Friday night how Lexington should be able to field better teams. In the not so distant past, teams at Bryan Station (Eric Shelton's group) and Henry Clay (Shane and Aaron Boyd's teams) competed strongly with the Big 2 . Male and Manual are down, Henderson County and North Hardin competed with top level teams. No one seems to be at the level of a decade ago.