John Carpenter's Halloween

Best slasher film ever. I think it definitely edges out Friday the 13th because it's gloomier and creepier.

Halloween 2 is pretty good, as far as sequels go. The third installment is just ridiculous, bizzare and absurd. I haven't seen any of the others.

AMC is running this and other horror films all this week for Halloween.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best slasher film ever. I think it definitely edges out Friday the 13th because it's gloomier and creepier.

Halloween 2 is pretty good, as far as sequels go. The third installment is just ridiculous, bizzare and absurd. I haven't seen any of the others.

AMC is running this and other horror films all this week for Halloween.

If you haven't seen Halloween 4, do yourself a favor and check it out. If you liked the first two, I think you'll find this installment of the series more than respectable. After number 4, I make no promises.

I watch all of the sequels, but part 4 is the best of them all. Some of them--especially pt. 5 & Resurrection--are horrible.

Personally I give 4 a slight edge over 2, but I know other fans really liked 2. I really thought 4 captured a lot of the same suspense as the original.

To this day, you give me the original and 4 on the DVD player in a darkened room, and I'm getting chills. Doesn't matter how many times I've seen them.

Carpenter went to WKU but I don't think he's from KY.

His production designer, Tommy Wallace is from Somerset.

According to Wikipedia Carpenter's family moved to Bowling Green when he was five, so you are right. Didn't know that about Tommy Wallace. I'm thinking he directed the third film.

Personally I give 4 a slight edge over 2, but I know other fans really liked 2. I really thought 4 captured a lot of the same suspense as the original.

To this day, you give me the original and 4 on the DVD player in a darkened room, and I'm getting chills. Doesn't matter how many times I've seen them.

I agree on pt. 4 being the best of the sequels. :thumb:

And I have no idea why I said parts 4-5 deal with Laurie's niece. It was actually her daughter. A major frustration shared by fans of the franchise is that the daughter storyline is effectively ignored in H2O and Halloween:Resurrection.

Love the original Halloween. It is the best movie in this genre, as far as I am concerned. It is the suspense and the music that frightens you, not the blood and guts. I also really like parts 2 and 4, and H20 wasn't bad, but the rest of them are just awful, especially 3.

I also like the Friday the 13th, and F13 part 2 movies. After those 2, I lost interest in Jason's saga.

If you haven't seen Halloween 4, do yourself a favor and check it out. If you liked the first two, I think you'll find this installment of the series more than respectable. After number 4, I make no promises.

Thanks. Conveniently, the 4th movie is on AMC at 6:00 p.m. and I don't have anything going on, so I will try to watch it. Thanks for the suggestion, I will let you know what I think of it.

Btw, I guess everyone knows this, but the Michael Myers face was supposedly a life-mask of William Shatner.

It was. It was between a Spock mask, something else and, Captin Kirk. They picked Kirk, made some changes then painted it white. Said they loved the plainness of it.

It was. It was between a Spock mask, something else and, Captin Kirk. They picked Kirk, made some changes then painted it white. Said they loved the plainness of it.

Also, the Kirk mask was only used in 1 and 2. The mask in 2 was the same one as used in 1. Apparently Debra Hill had it stored in a closest or under her bed (or something like that) after they finished the first one. When they started to make the second one she dug it out and it was pretty rough shape as you could tell in the movie. After that the masks were custom made. The mask Zombie used in his remake was a custom made using Taylor Mane's face.

Love the original Halloween. It is the best movie in this genre, as far as I am concerned. It is the suspense and the music that frightens you, not the blood and guts. I also really like parts 2 and 4, and H20 wasn't bad, but the rest of them are just awful, especially 3.

I also like the Friday the 13th, and F13 part 2 movies. After those 2, I lost interest in Jason's saga.

I completely agree with you on the older Halloween movies. I have no idea why part 3 was made the way it was. One thing is certain about that one, the Silver Shamrock song has stayed in my head since watching it, but the movie itself was pointless.

I completely agree with you on the older Halloween movies. I have no idea why part 3 was made the way it was. One thing is certain about that one, the Silver Shamrock song has stayed in my head since watching it, but the movie itself was pointless.

It would have been a decent movie if they had just called it "Season Of The Witch" & not attached any part of it to the Halloween franchise. That's what ticked people off--expecting Michael Myers & getting the Silver Shamrock song, which was beyond creepy. :lol: