Paintsville vs. Johnson Central-1/17/06

This really shouldn't be very close. If Paintsville has trouble with JC's pressure it will be a long night for the Tigers. The other HUGE advantage JC has is their inside game.I don't think that Vanhoose and Williams can handle Rice and Fannin. But then there is the "R" factor. The Runyon factor. Runyon is by far the best coach in this Region. I am sure he will have something up his sleeve. He always has. Good luck Coach Starns and the Golden Eagles. I say Eagles win 78-68.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PHS 77

JCHS 67

I look for Pugh to hold McCarty in check w/ Rice having a big game, but Eagles fall short. Lack of scoring from the guard position will be the deciding factor in this one. JC's guards except McCarty have not been in an atmosphere like this one.

PHS 77

JCHS 67

I look for Pugh to hold McCarty in check w/ Rice having a big game, but Eagles fall short. Lack of scoring from the guard position will be the deciding factor in this one. JC's guards except McCarty have not been in an atmosphere like this one.

Is Pugh guarding McCarty? I didn't know that Bill Mike told everyone his gameplan before the games.

Whitaker has been there before. As for the other guards they have played against these same kids their whole life, your making a bigger deal out of it than it is. These are not all upperclassmen they are playing against.They have battled it out against each other many, many times through the regular season and in AAU ball. With what Blanton, Meeks, Music , Whitaker, and Murray combined score, I think they will contribute fine in that department. Blanton himself is right around doublefigures.

I do not know this Blanton kid, the only two I am aware of is the McCarty and Rice kids. I watched them play last year. I sometimes think Starnes plays to many players and it is hard to get into the flow of the game. Needs to settle on about 7 or 8.

I do not know this Blanton kid, the only two I am aware of is the McCarty and Rice kids. I watched them play last year. I sometimes think Starnes plays to many players and it is hard to get into the flow of the game. Needs to settle on about 7 or 8.

He's a real nice baseball player but not your go too guy on the hardwood IMO they have better.

He's a real nice baseball player but not your go too guy on the hardwood IMO they have better.

Who said anybody was a go to guy.I think that all I said was that with all of the guards combined, that they put up enough points to constitute a meaningful contribution, from that position. Is it not?

Is Pugh guarding McCarty? I didn't know that Bill Mike told everyone his gameplan before the games.

Whitaker has been there before. As for the other guards they have played against these same kids their whole life, your making a bigger deal out of it than it is. These are not all upperclassmen they are playing against.They have battled it out against each other many, many times through the regular season and in AAU ball. With what Blanton, Meeks, Music , Whitaker, and Murray combined score, I think they will contribute fine in that department. Blanton himself is right around doublefigures.

Who's gonna guard McCarty Firebird? Slone?Grimm? Bundy? Unless they decide to zone, I would say Pugh is a lock to guard McCarty.

Why so defensive? Just conversation? Gametalk..... That's what this forum is about?

Just conversation here too. I just asked a simple question. I'm not privy to such information. You spoke as if you were. Just wondering, on my part is all.