Paintsville vs. Johnson Central-1/17/06

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your predictions? Both teams struggling of late. Paintsville in a close one 72-69.

I cant say anything about Paintsville because I have not seen them play, but I dont think that Central has struggled here as of late. They just came off 3 straight good wins before being matched up against a Broward team that they or anyone else in this area has a shot of beating on their very best night. The mountains are light years away from being competetive with this type of team. But I do think it will be a close hard fought game for either team. Their games always are.

What's the likelihood of these teams ever merging?
Almost zero. A merger has been discussed several times over the years during periods of financial crisis at Paintsville, but Paintsville has always scraped up the money to pay the light bill.

Almost zero. A merger has been discussed several times over the years during periods of financial crisis at Paintsville, but Paintsville has always scraped up the money to pay the light bill.

Dino, you need to take this stand-up comedy routine on the road.

:lol:

Dino, you need to take this stand-up comedy routine on the road.

:lol:

It's no joke. Paintsville came very close to being swallowed by the county system back in the 70's. My recollection is that there were even radio ads touting all of the advantages that a merger would bring to Paintsville students. I don't remember how the financial crisis was resolved, but Paintsville managed to dodge consolidation. Things have gotten very tight on other occasions for Paintsville, but I don't remember the county pushing hard for consolidation like they did in the 70's.