Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dusty to the Dodgers?

Featured Replies

There's a rumor making the rounds that Magic Johnson and the new Dodgers ownership will try and woo Dusty back to LA next year. Ken Rosenthal says it's not going to happen, but it got me to thinking. Who would be your 1st choice to replace Dusty if he did bolt for Los Angeles?

 

 

Yankees battle Orioles; AL Central mediocrity; Dusty Baker's future; White Sox improvments and more - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN

  • Replies 32
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

And let me go on record right now as saying I would rather Dusty stay for 10 more years before this happening.

 

If the Red Sox let Bobby Valentine go, his managerial career isn't necessarily finished. Marlins Jeffrey Loria nearly hired him before he opted to go with Ozzie Guillen to ring in the club's new ballpark. Bobby V could also be an option for the Reds where he is close with owner Bob Castellini and manager Dusty Baker is at the end of his deal.

 

 

Cafardo On Blue Jays, Valentine, Smoak, Francona: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Off the top of my head, Terry Francona. He seems to be similar to Dusty in being a player's manager and being low key so it would be an easier transition and good fit.

  • Author
Off the top of my head, Terry Francona. He seems to be similar to Dusty in being a player's manager and being low key so it would be an easier transition and good fit.

 

 

 

I've always like Terry, but there's a fine line between being a player's manager, and allowing what happened in the Red Sox clubhouse last year. I hope he learned from that experience. I'm a fan of Bob Brenly.

After the last 10 days, Chris Speier.

 

6-4 with a division winner made you a fan? Isn't that what the record was under Speier?

Maybe the Reds would follow the hot trend of picking a rookie manager. Sean Casey ever admit to consider managing? I honestly have no idea, but the guy is a leader and I feel like he really understands the game.

 

Otherwise, given the similarity in management I could see them going after a lot of the guys the Cardinals looked at last year. From everything I've read, Francona's interview in STL left a lot to be desired. He has had an entire year off though, and he is suppose to interview with the Indians.

 

Another name outside the organization would be Ryne Sandberg.

  • Author
Maybe the Reds would follow the hot trend of picking a rookie manager. Sean Casey ever admit to consider managing? I honestly have no idea, but the guy is a leader and I feel like he really understands the game.

 

Otherwise, given the similarity in management I could see them going after a lot of the guys the Cardinals looked at last year. From everything I've read, Francona's interview in STL left a lot to be desired. He has had an entire year off though, and he is suppose to interview with the Indians.

 

Another name outside the organization would be Ryne Sandberg.

 

No to both Casey and Sandberg.

From everything I've read, Francona's interview in STL left a lot to be desired.
I would call that a crock. Francona has quite a track record ... why would any organization have to "interview" him?
  • Author

 

Okay. Why not?

 

 

I love Casey. Would hate to see him boo'ed in Cincy. I've never like Sandberg.

I would call that a crock. Francona has quite a track record ... why would any organization have to "interview" him?

 

Probably to see where his head was at after his team blew a 10 game lead in the final month while half his pitching staff was getting drunk in the clubhouse.

Barry Larkin, Tito, Brad Ausmus

 

Also really like Ron Gardenhire from Minnesota....Have to wonder if they'll be looking to make a change after the past couple seasons.

I love Casey. Would hate to see him boo'ed in Cincy. I've never like Sandberg.

 

I see. Casey just came to mind because what the White Sox and Cardinals did and what the Red Sox are rumored to be thinking with Varitek.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.