Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

I just gave you an argument for Raceland being ranked higher ... what is your counter?

 

You guys know common opponent means nothing, you guys keep saying that, one team could be playing the best football they play all season and he other not hitting on all cylinders etc. so your telling me Raceland getting blown out by Ashland makes them better than fairview??? Come on. Come up with something better than that

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys know common opponent means nothing, you guys keep saying that, one team could be playing the best football they play all season and he other not hitting on all cylinders etc. so your telling me Raceland getting blown out by Ashland makes them better than fairview??? Come on. Come up with something better than that

 

Did you attend the Ashland/Raceland game? I'm guessing you think Fairview could beat Ashland? I'll tell you what I think. Without the injunction, that is allowing the two seniors from Huntington to play, Fairview is an average team.

 

The individuals or group of individuals putting these rankings together during the preseason have no idea where to place Fairview. Do you know why? Fairview has no idea what they will put on the field from year to year.

 

The sad part about all of this, is the fact that you don't even like Fairview, you just hate Raceland!!!

Did you attend the Ashland/Raceland game? I'm guessing you think Fairview could beat Ashland? I'll tell you what I think. Without the injunction, that is allowing the two seniors from Huntington to play, Fairview is an average team.

 

The individuals or group of individuals putting these rankings together during the preseason have no idea where to place Fairview. Do you know why? Fairview has no idea what they will put on the field from year to year.

 

The sad part about all of this, is the fact that you don't even like Fairview, you just hate Raceland!!!

 

But the injunction was allowed and the Huntington boys were allowed to play so why dwell on what they would be without them? For now they are there and they obviously make them a good team according to the rankings.

But the injunction was allowed and the Huntington boys were allowed to play so why dwell on what they would be without them? For now they are there and they obviously make them a good team according to the rankings.

 

Thank you.

The last 2 years, Fairview played a weak schedule, no different this year, although Casey Co is a stepup compared to Phelps. And even playing that weak schedule Fairview has been the dominant of the 2 programs. Like most, I love to see teams challenge themselves by stepping up the competition level, but, the past 2 years doesn't indicate that it really mattered too much.

You guys know common opponent means nothing, you guys keep saying that, one team could be playing the best football they play all season and he other not hitting on all cylinders etc. so your telling me Raceland getting blown out by Ashland makes them better than fairview??? Come on. Come up with something better than that
You're kidding, right?

Actually, Raceland has played two teams with winning records: Ashland and Portsmouth East. In the win over Portsmouth East, Raceland held the Ohio Leading rusher to 60 yards, he was averaging around 250 a game. And in the Ashland game, Ashland won by 21, not what I would call a blow out and if you ask the Ashland coaching staff, they will tell you how good Raceland is. Ask them, I dare you, GC.

 

Here is the records of each school's opponents:

Raceland

East Carter………0…………5

Ashland……………4…………1

Pikeville………….1…………4

Greenup County0………..4

Portsmoth East.4…………1

Total………….9………15

 

Fairview

West Carter…..0…………4

East Carter…….0………..5

Fleming County3………..2

Casey County..1…………4

Total……….…4……..15

Of course, if GC coach wants to rank the teams based on record, points scored, and points allowed, this is how it would look:

 

1. Bracken County……………4-0

2. Fairview………………………4-0

3. Bethlehem………………….4-1

4. Williamsburg……………..4-1

5. Nicholas County………..4-1

6. Raceland……………………4-1

7. Kentucky Country Day.4-1

8. Frankfort……………………4-1

9. Mayfield……………………4-1

10. Jenkins…………………..3-1

Of course, if GC coach wants to rank the teams based on record, points scored, and points allowed, this is how it would look:

 

1. Bracken County……………4-0

2. Fairview………………………4-0

3. Bethlehem………………….4-1

4. Williamsburg……………..4-1

5. Nicholas County………..4-1

6. Raceland……………………4-1

7. Kentucky Country Day.4-1

8. Frankfort……………………4-1

9. Mayfield……………………4-1

10. Jenkins…………………..3-1

 

Looks about right to me :ohbrother:

Looks about right to me :ohbrother:

Just crazy isn't it?

I think Frankfort answered the question about who is #2 tonight

I think Frankfort answered the question about who is #2 tonight

I agree. It's getting interesting.

I think Frankfort answered the question about who is #2 tonight

 

I agree toothpick, they sent out a stronge message last night!

Looks about right to me :ohbrother:

If you read previous posts I was comparing Raceland and fairview not anyone else just those 2 teams. But I'm done beating my head against wall. In 3 weeks the game will be played. And quote me on this the eagles by 2 td's.

If you read previous posts I was comparing Raceland and fairview not anyone else just those 2 teams. But I'm done beating my head against wall. In 3 weeks the game will be played. And quote me on this the eagles by 2 td's.

 

GC I have read all of your posts and have always been clear on what you are arguing but I think you need to ollk a little closer at my posts again. It was not based on or referenced from anything you said. Rather a good chuckle from the way the teams in 1A would stack up if they were rated on the critera Ram provided which would obviously be majorly off target

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.