Raceland 54 Pikeville 14

theguru

Good game for Raceland, the OL/DL had a great game as expected. The linemen were expected to be the catalyst of this team and they are doing their job.

Daylen Beech is playing at a high level and had some very nice runs showing his vision for the field. Zach Litteral had some great runs. It's hard to stop those two running backs at once.

The turnover bug seems to be gone with no turnovers by the Rams in this game. Great to see.

Pikeville honestly was better then I expected and not really indicated by the score. Pikeville's OL was much better then I expected. They are pretty young and I thought they would be a little weaker on the OL then they were. JR RB Chase Hall really impressed me, he had a great game and is a great athlete. I'd say these two teams will see each other again come playoff time, and I expect much experience to be gained between now and then for Pikeville. Pikeville will improve. Good luck to them in the remainder of the season.

On a side note: The Raceland Booster Club fed the Pikeville players after the game before their trip home. The Pikeville players were probably the most well mannered and courteous players, as a unit, that I have seen in a long time. Likewise, the Pikeville parents and coaches were very nice. Hats off to the Pikeville community for teaching their student athletes to be great people.