Henry Clay 2012/2013

But can they get out of the DISTRICT? Should have last year.

Well, there's a dozen contenders who may have the same trouble throughout the state. They have the talent. I think losing in the district this season would be a monumental fail for them.

Well, there's a dozen contenders who may have the same trouble throughout the state. They have the talent. I think losing in the district this season would be a monumental fail for them.

Wasnt it a monumental fail for them last year?

Hasn't been much postseason success at Henry Clay in awhile.

• 4 weeks later...
Wasnt it a monumental fail for them last year?

Hasn't been much postseason success at Henry Clay in awhile.

At first glance yes. I'm sure they expected to win and had high aspirations but anyone paying attention to their district last year shouldn't have been surprised with the outcome. Bryan Station felt like they won the previous meeting in the regular season and were the victims of some questionable technicals in the waning seconds of the game. After that game and after Bryan Station knew they'd be playing Henry Clay in the first round of district they set their sights on making sure Henry Clay didn't make it to the regional tournament. That opening round district game was their state tourney. Bryan Station KNEW they were going to win that game and Henry Clay's youth and inexperience didn't allow them to see that kind of focus that Bryan Station brought. As a result they got beat and didn't play a single game in March.

I expect them to make it to region this year. We'll see if they can beat Madison Central. If Trey Grundy finally plays to his potential and carries this team then they will. He needs to rise. Now.

Jordan Green and Christen Cunningham will continue to do what they do.

They're a year older and more seasoned. I get your angle here, but those kids are no longer pups.

Even with the talent they have, they have not convinced me they have the determination to beat a PRP, a Ballard, a Trinity,or a Bullitt East at the end of the season in "crunch time". They will have their hands full getting by Madison Central and Lexington Catholic in the region.

It should be interesting because I really think that Henry Clay, Lex Cath and Madison Central all feel they have something to prove this year.

Even with the talent they have, they have not convinced me they have the determination to beat a PRP, a Ballard, a Trinity,or a Bullitt East at the end of the season in "crunch time". They will have their hands full getting by Madison Central and Lexington Catholic in the region.

It should be interesting because I really think that Henry Clay, Lex Cath and Madison Central all feel they have something to prove this year.

Agree with all of it.