Class 6A Rankings for 8-22

theguru

There are coaches in the state who couldn't win if placed at T. Well let me elaborate, couldn't win 9/11 state titles. maybe not even 2

Sorry... I disagree... I could give you 5 pee wee coaches in Lexington alone that could win with those teams... are you kidding me? Are you seriously going to place all the credit on coaching? OMG!!! Just when I thought I had heard it all... sorry dude... you just had the fastest horses...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are headed in the right direction, but to take shots at X is uncalled for and definitely unwanted. X wasn't the beast that T was but X would've easily dismantled Scott Co. What credible victory did they have enroute to their unblemished regular season? And also Scott Co out up 21 points but also gave up 62 :confused:

Okay. It is uncalled for when I throw shots at X but not when you throw shots at SC? I'm new to this board but come on man!!! Is there some unwritten rule that says SC has to win 10+ state titles before their fans can throw shots at other schools? If so expect me to break it. I'll dish it but I can take it also. Thick skin. It goes far.

I said no comment on our regular season schedule. I admit it was weak. That has changed this year. It also helps that our district is getting stronger also. I said we are in the baby steps of becoming a program of X's caliber. Learning how to win also involves some attitude. If developing that attitude means having a weak schedule at some point to get used to winning then so be it. The schedule is challenging this year to say the least.

Sorry... I disagree... I could give you 5 pee wee coaches in Lexington alone that could win with those teams... are you kidding me? Are you seriously going to place all the credit on coaching? OMG!!! Just when I thought I had heard it all... sorry dude... you just had the fastest horses...

First off i'm not a T supporter. Hence "AvidTiger" and secondly I must disagree, you can't tell me those peewee coaches would have made the adjustments Beatty did in the 2nd half to avoid the upset. Call me stubborn but I won't believe it. There has been plenty of talented teams that did win their respective championships on every level, so I must take hat off to Beatty until they play X.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

Okay. It is uncalled for when I throw shots at X but not when you throw shots at SC? I'm new to this board but come on man!!! Is there some unwritten rule that says SC has to win 10+ state titles before their fans can throw shots at other schools? If so expect me to break it. I'll dish it but I can take it also. Thick skin. It goes far.

I said no comment on our regular season schedule. I admit it was weak. That has changed this year. It also helps that our district is getting stronger also. I said we are in the baby steps of becoming a program of X's caliber. Learning how to win also involves some attitude. If developing that attitude means having a weak schedule at some point to get used to winning then so be it. The schedule is challenging this year to say the least.

I respect your stance but i don't respect how you can boast about being undefeated and going to the state title when you played no one to get there. If X had that schedule they would've been in the title game as well but if Scott Co. had X's they would not. To compare Scott to X based on the #of points put on the score board is foolish especially seeing the Scott Co. game point differential was higher than X's. In the end all i'm asking is who did Scott play last year and beat that is a solid credible win?

Scott Co beat 1 team in the regular season with a winning record. The best team they played and beat was probably Eastern in the playoffs. They squeaked by a 9-5 Boone Co. team 16-14 to make the state finals. Scott Co was a good team, but the sparkling record going into the state championship game was a little bit of fools gold.

Scott Co beat 1 team in the regular season with a winning record. The best team they played and beat was probably Eastern in the playoffs. They squeaked by a 9-5 Boone Co. team 16-14 to make the state finals. Scott Co was a good team, but the sparkling record going into the state championship game was a little bit of fools gold.

Forgive me if my math is wrong, but Scott Co. combined opp record during regular season was 30-81:notworthy:

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

Regardless of who Scott County played during the season, obviously thy were prepared enough to make the run to the state finals. Their schedule may have been light in comparison to X or whomever, but all that sorts itself out come playoff time. I saw SCOTT county in person, and they were by no means a product of scheduling. They were 1 of the most talented teams I saw all year long.

I just don't like that folks complain about playing in the "super district" but then want to thump their chest regarding scheduling. It is what it is, take the good with the bad. You should be the most prepared teams come playoff time then, if scheduling meant everything.......how did Male and Manual do come tourny time?

I just don't like that folks complain about playing in the "super district" but then want to thump their chest regarding scheduling. It is what it is, take the good with the bad. You should be the most prepared teams come playoff time then, if scheduling meant everything.......how did Male and Manual do come tourny time?

They lost to two schools with vastly superior regular-season schedules.

I respect your stance but i don't respect how you can boast about being undefeated and going to the state title when you played no one to get there. If X had that schedule they would've been in the title game as well but if Scott Co. had X's they would not. To compare Scott to X based on the #of points put on the score board is foolish especially seeing the Scott Co. game point differential was higher than X's. In the end all i'm asking is who did Scott play last year and beat that is a solid credible win?

We had a weak schedule. I thought I admitted that already. I could have sworn I admitted already.

Yes I just scrolled up the page. I have admitted that the schedule was weak last year. I'll say it again the schedule was weak last year. That's not going to stop me from being proud of them for what they were able to accomplish. Fool's gold or not. And you can talk point differential and all that other stuff all you want to. We put 21 points on the best team in the nation. In one game. You didn't do it in a combined two games. Why shouldn't we be proud?

Who is complaining about playing in that district? And also who did they play on their run to state? It doesn't matter they didn't win and neither did X so their is no argument really. But I do ask this if Scott Co. replaced X in the district would they have made it to state? And if X replaced Scott would they have made it?

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

We had a weak schedule. I thought I admitted that already. I could have sworn I admitted already.

Yes I just scrolled up the page. I have admitted that the schedule was weak last year. I'll say it again the schedule was weak last year. That's not going to stop me from being proud of them for what they were able to accomplish. Fool's gold or not. And you can talk point differential and all that other stuff all you want to. We put 21 points on the best team in the nation. In one game. You didn't do it in a combined two games. Why shouldn't we be proud?

But you're leaving out that you gave up 62. Imagine playing two games vs "the best team in the nation last year". Most likely the same exact outcome. Well over 100+ points. X didn't pride themselves on offense. I'm not saying don't be proud, be as proud as you want, but you crossed the boundary when you said Scott was better than X because they went to the final and scored 21 points. My argument is the road they took to get there. But don't worry Male traveled that same path 2 yrs ago.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13