Class 6A Rankings for 8-22

theguru

They were a top 10 squad ALL YEAR last year in the BGP rankings in spite of their dismal performance and losing record. Boone Co beat them and still could never pass them in the regular season rankings.

If they beat Butler Friday maybe some of the bad taste in my mouth will leave. But if Butler beats them they should move quickly out of the top 10.

No doubt that they were bad last year (and their ranking last season is neither here nor there at this point) but they've already turned a seven-point loss from last year into a 41-point beatdown in their series with Floyd Central, Ind. At this point, I have no problem with their spot.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely not. Highlands is not better than St X.

So even if Scott County beats Highlands AT Highlands that isn't enough to pass St. X? I say Scott County is better than St. X anyways but even if we make it back to the state finals some people will say we made it by default because Trinity and St. X play before the finals. I say hogwash. I say Scott County is better than both.

Until Scott Co. and Highlands decide to play regular season games against St X or Trinity it is all just speculation. They choose not to play them.

I don't make the schedule but if I did I wouldn't schedule to play a regular season game against a team that we'd face in the state finals. The less they know the better.

I don't make the schedule but if I did I wouldn't schedule to play a regular season game against a team that we'd face in the state finals. The less they know the better.
To me, that is the problem. You don't know what you're facing until it ends your season. I want to know what type of bear i'm fighting, not jump into the ring and be in shock at the monster.

To me, that is the problem. You don't know what you're facing until it ends your season. I want to know what type of bear i'm fighting, not jump into the ring and be in shock at the monster.

I get that. I want them to be in shock of me though.

Plus it is Trinity this year. I think after what they did to Highlands in that scrimmage that we'll all be in shock in the state finals this year. I think playing Highlands is a worthy substitute to playing a possible 6A finalist. It probably would be a good year to play St. X since we know they won't be in the 6A finals. Beating Highlands and St. X in the same year is the stuff of legends. That's where we are trying to be.

Then why in the world would Male be at #6? Both Male and Ballard had losing records last year. 5 Jefferson Co. public schools in the top 10 seems like an over-representation as well. You could put Lafayette (#8), Henry Clay, Tates Creek, and Bryan Station on the same level as the Jefferson Co Public schools. There's not much difference in any of them.

I agree with this statement even more now that I've seen some game time action. I also agree that all of these teams will visit the top 10 at some point... Well, minus Henry Clay, I think they are scetchy at QB which makes them to one dimensional...

Sorry... I know this may be a little off topic, but I had to support Goingfor2 here on the Creek/Butler scrimage. I just got done reviewing the game film on hudl.com, and yes, all of Butlers starters (at least they all had3 the same numbers on their jerseys) played through the 3 rd quarter. Butler but what appeared to be their JV sqaud in, in the final minutes of the 3rd quarter. Creeks first touchdown was NOT a long run, but a 25 yard touchdown pass from Gordon to Taylor (I think it was Taylor). Gordon passed for 101 yards in the first half. Might have had 2 TD's, but had a drive ended on a questionable call ruling a pass incomplete. In the 3rd quarter Butler coughed up the ball, and Creek went in with a 24 pass completion to set up a 1 yrd passing TD. After 3 and out, Creek followed up with 54 more passing yds, capped by an 11 yard passing TD... then the JV came in at the end of the 3rd quarter. At the end of the day Butler's starting defense was passed on for 180 yards and 3 passing TD's...

Sorry, I just couldn't let anyone take away what those young men accomplished in that scrimmage, they've worked to hard. If you don't believe these numbers, I'd be happy to post the highlight reel...

here are a few highlights from the game. This was just the Soph. 1st true start. I am not puffing the chest out about a scrimage win/loss. But here is the view from the young QB against Butler.

Graham Gordon - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

You may not be puffing out your chest over your interpretation of the scrimmage, but you sure are one proud father of a sophomore QB who is just beginning his varsity journey. :lol:

Good luck to both you and your son. I have followed Bolin at Lexington Catholic since his freshman year, so it will be interesting to compare Graham's maturity curve with his as time goes on. :thumb:

You may not be puffing out your chest over your interpretation of the scrimmage, but you sure are one proud father of a sophomore QB who is just beginning his varsity journey. :lol:

Good luck to both you and your son. I have followed Bolin at Lexington Catholic since his freshman year, so it will be interesting to compare Graham's maturity curve with his as time goes on. :thumb:

Again, you got me wrong. CreekFan is the father of the kid kid you mentioned. I would tell you who my son is but Id rather wait and let that settle itslef out, but Ill tell you that he can play. I'll leave it at that. :cool:

But I will puff my chest out for the young gun, he is a trooper. And will be a hell of a QB for the next 3 years. His first 2 live action games have resulted in the neighborhood of 390 yards and 5 TDs. No picks. And is like 28-34. Not my son or any relation, but I am every bit as proud of him.