Cooper 41 Newport Central Catholic 7 (Scrimmage)

JagParent

We all know this was a scrimmage right? How do we know Cooper will be this good? How do we know NewCath won't be horrible this year?

We don't. However, scrimmages mean very little. 41-7 looks bad, but I won't be concerned until I see where the Breds are at after thru third game. This just gives Randy some bragging rights over Eddie. If NewCath wins #5 this year, nobody will remember this for anything more than a learning experience.

Any real details on how players looked? How was Cain. Who is going to be the backup qb for the Breds, and how did thid young man look last night?

I was not there, but from what my daughter said he was completing too many passes....to COOPER.

New Cath had a lot of trouble with center-quarterback exchange early. They also fumbled a lot of handoffs before there was any contact. These are definitely things that can be fixed. I don't have an exact count but I would bet New Cath had at least 5 turnovers.

New Cath had a lot of trouble with center-quarterback exchange early. They also fumbled a lot of handoffs before there was any contact. These are definitely things that can be fixed. I don't have an exact count but I would bet New Cath had at least 5 turnovers.

There you go. Good sign for Cooper that they converted on their chances.

Fumbles before contact are the only thing worse than getting tackled by the turf monster. It's early Breds will probably be fine, this is why they have scrimmages to see what needs to be worked on before the season starts.