Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Man Dies Cuffed In Back Seat of Cruiser

Featured Replies

FBI now investigating.

 

The family is struggling to see how the police searched him twice, found a small bag of weed, and then missed a gun. Seems like a fair question to ask.

 

Police chief isn't exactly going all out to defend his boys either. He says he has no idea how they a)missed a gun and b)didn't hear the gunshot even though they were very close to the car.

 

Seems like I read somewhere that they did not hand cuff him the first time they put him in the car. At that point they had merely patted him down. Wherever I read this, they thought it was possible that he stashed the gun in the car at that time. When he was taken out and hand cuffed and searched, he did not have the gun. Then when they put him back in, he got it.

 

No idea if that's how it went down or not. And I don't know why they wouldn't have heard the shot. I'm not sure where they were and how noisy it was. I still stand by my earlier comment that it's a very weird situation.

  • Replies 102
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read that too HB. It is very odd. I guess windows up, busy road or interstate, you might not hear a .380. One things for sure. Glad I'm not one of those guys. Definitely a reminder to really search very well...

  • Author

Here is dash video of the arrest. It cuts off before any shot occurs.

 

I've never arrested anyone or pulled anyone over. My dad was an officer though and I always got from him that you never take it easy with any one you pull over. Watching the two officers in this video makes it a little more believable that they could have missed the gun during a search. Watch the older officer on the right turn his back on Chavis as they're walking back to the car. You don't know anything about this guy and you turn your back on him? Way too casual for my liking.

 

 

Matt Jones's Photo: Calipari has arrived in West Liberty and meets with the Morgan County football team: | Lockerz

^Those look like a bunch of high school football players to me. :idunno:

^Those look like a bunch of high school football players to me. :idunno:

 

I just spit diet pepsi on my iPad :lol:

I'm no detective, but i think Clyde posted the wrong link.

^Those look like a bunch of high school football players to me. :idunno:

 

No wonder they missed the gun, probably their first arrest. 21 Jump Street just popped in to my head, the scene where they get their first arrest.

  • Author

Jonesboro police say Chavis Carter called girlfriend from back of squad car | Lubbock Online | Lubbock Avalanche-Journal

 

Police are saying that the girlfriend of Carter claims Carter called her from the back seat of the car and said he had a gun. Carters' attorneys are wondering why this wasn't mentioned previously and also wonder if the police led witnesses.

 

Earlier in the week the coroner ruled this a suicide.

  • Author

The gunshot residue analysis has not been released.

Looks like I missed the party... :lol:

Jonesboro police say Chavis Carter called girlfriend from back of squad car | Lubbock Online | Lubbock Avalanche-Journal

 

Police are saying that the girlfriend of Carter claims Carter called her from the back seat of the car and said he had a gun. Carters' attorneys are wondering why this wasn't mentioned previously and also wonder if the police led witnesses.

 

Earlier in the week the coroner ruled this a suicide.

 

This guy potentiall shot himself, called his girlfriend, amazing what one can do while cuffed in the back of a cruiser.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.