Have you ever been "dragged" to something you didn't............

Lawnboy13

Have you ever been "dragged" to something you didn't want to go to?

Well it happened to me tonight. I'm in Myrtle Beach with the wife and kids, my oldest was in a softball tourney last week in Florence, SC, and my parents brought us down in their 2 slide-out, 38 foot RV. The campground is AWESOME and not a drop of rain since we arrived on Sunday, our site is a 30 second walk to the beach.

OK, to the question..........The campground has an outdoor theater and tonight an act called High Steppin' Country was on stage. It is a group of 14 young men and women, in their 20's singing and dancing to nothing but country songs. I totally "hate" country music, but Mom said we are going and since they brought us down, I felt obligated to go. Well let me just say, I would have rather been given a rectal exam by Capt. Hook then have to endure that performance. I asked my 3 daughters if they wanted to leave at the intermission and they said no, I guess they knew some of the songs. However before the intermission I got up and "exited stage left", got a drink and went to the arcade right next to the theater. Played a Lethal Weapon 3 pinball machine, got 3 plays for a buck and "matched" twice for 2 more games, then walked back to the RV. I'm sure I will catch "Holy Hell" from my mom when they return, but what I had to endure for 35 minutes tonight, I can take what mom is going to dish out. Don't get me wrong, the act was very good, but I simply loathe country music.

Well it wasn't as bad as I thought, she didn't say a word, of course she said it got really good after I left. She said they did 8 or 9 songs from the 50's, like that would have been a "game changer" for me, at least it would have been better the "hillbilly hoe-down" that I suffered through for 35 minutes. I asked my 3 girls how they liked it and why they stayed, they were less than impressed and only stayed for the entire 90 minute show because grandpa promised them ice cream when it was over. Forgot to mention, the wife got out of going because she decided to stay out in the sun just a little too long today and was not feeling good.

One thing that they all thought was neat, at the end of the show, they honored all members of the audience(about 300) that were in the military. They asked for all members of the Army to stand, then the Navy, and so on. However my Dad was in the restroom with my 2 yr. old nephew when they called for members of the Army to stand.

When it's all said and done I'm very thankful for the parents I have because they have and continue to give me and my family nothing but the best.

What I have done in those situations is to go where I have been dragged to, endure it in its entirety with a happy face(maybe a few wisecracks along the way until my wife gets too mad) and then when the opportunity presents itself I drag my wife to someplace I know she won't want to go to.

Needless to say once I began using the revenge tactic it's been a really long time since I have been dragged anywhere. :D

Have you ever been "dragged" to something you didn't want to go to?

Well it happened to me tonight. I'm in Myrtle Beach with the wife and kids, my oldest was in a softball tourney last week in Florence, SC, and my parents brought us down in their 2 slide-out, 38 foot RV. The campground is AWESOME and not a drop of rain since we arrived on Sunday, our site is a 30 second walk to the beach.

OK, to the question..........The campground has an outdoor theater and tonight an act called High Steppin' Country was on stage. It is a group of 14 young men and women, in their 20's singing and dancing to nothing but country songs. I totally "hate" country music, but Mom said we are going and since they brought us down, I felt obligated to go. Well let me just say, I would have rather been given a rectal exam by Capt. Hook then have to endure that performance. I asked my 3 daughters if they wanted to leave at the intermission and they said no, I guess they knew some of the songs. However before the intermission I got up and "exited stage left", got a drink and went to the arcade right next to the theater. Played a Lethal Weapon 3 pinball machine, got 3 plays for a buck and "matched" twice for 2 more games, then walked back to the RV. I'm sure I will catch "Holy Hell" from my mom when they return, but what I had to endure for 35 minutes tonight, I can take what mom is going to dish out. Don't get me wrong, the act was very good, but I simply loathe country music.

I'm with you there Lawnboy I would have ducked out too . Country Music sucks .