Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer County 2012

Featured Replies

What does Mercer County need to do to improve in 2012? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Mercer County will be starting the season with their 3rd coach in the last 4 years in Chris Pardue.

 

They return quarterback Jake Long(junior), their best receiver Russell Sims(junior) and standout running back(when healthy) James Johnson(senior) and I believe most of their offensive line.

 

I'm not as familiar with their team like I am with Boyle but I think 2013 will be the year when Mercer football takes a noticeable turn. They'll get familiar with Pardue's system and coaching style and they should be competitive this year but I think the wins will start to come in 2013. I look forward to following their progress.

 

I hope Pardue is given time to make Mercer County respectable in football. He can do that if he is left alone and given support. I would think he wants to beat Boyle County more than anyone in the state. :D

Mercer County will be starting the season with their 3rd coach in the last 4 years in Chris Pardue.

 

They return quarterback Jake Long(junior), their best receiver Russell Sims(junior) and standout running back(when healthy) James Johnson(senior) and I believe most of their offensive line.

 

I'm not as familiar with their team like I am with Boyle but I think 2013 will be the year when Mercer football takes a noticeable turn. They'll get familiar with Pardue's system and coaching style and they should be competitive this year but I think the wins will start to come in 2013. I look forward to following their progress.

 

I hope Pardue is given time to make Mercer County respectable in football. He can do that if he is left alone and given support. I would think he wants to beat Boyle County more than anyone in the state. :D

 

There is your key.

Mercer County will be starting the season with their 3rd coach in the last 4 years in Chris Pardue.

 

They return quarterback Jake Long(junior), their best receiver Russell Sims(junior) and standout running back(when healthy) James Johnson(senior) and I believe most of their offensive line.

 

I'm not as familiar with their team like I am with Boyle but I think 2013 will be the year when Mercer football takes a noticeable turn. They'll get familiar with Pardue's system and coaching style and they should be competitive this year but I think the wins will start to come in 2013. I look forward to following their progress.

 

I hope Pardue is given time to make Mercer County respectable in football. He can do that if he is left alone and given support. I would think he wants to beat Boyle County more than anyone in the state. :D

 

I was told they have a Freshman QB that may end up being the starter. Awful hard for a Freshman to beat out a Junior, a Jumior who has had alot of playing time. I guess we will see.

I was told they have a Freshman QB that may end up being the starter. Awful hard for a Freshman to beat out a Junior, a Jumior who has had alot of playing time. I guess we will see.

 

Naw, after reading that article I am fairly certain JT has the spot locked. I do think Drew Davis(the freshman) will get on the field somewhere. He's my nominee to be the next great football player from Mercer County.

Naw, after reading that article I am fairly certain JT has the spot locked. I do think Drew Davis(the freshman) will get on the field somewhere. He's my nominee to be the next great football player from Mercer County.

 

Would he be any relation to the Davis who QB'd the Scotties under Larry French?

Would he be any relation to the Davis who QB'd the Scotties under Larry French?

 

Yes. He is his son.

I have been told that Drew Davis will make his impact on the football field next season(2013) and not so much this season(2012).

Would he be any relation to the Davis who QB'd the Scotties under Larry French?

 

Denny Davis is his father. The new superintendent. He was the qb under Coach French.

Wait, PP92 is a moderator? What?

Heard MC lost their QB JT Long for the season last night. Tough blow...

I was told that JT Long broke his collarbone last night while scrimmaging Central Hardin. He went down early and I was told Mercer hadn't scored yet. They went on to win 20-3 with sophomore Austin Sparrow taking over at QB. I was told he threw two touchdown passes and ran one in. I'm not sure how good Central Hardin is but it seems as though Sparrow had a promising debut in light of the circumstances.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.