Looks like we are headed to four super conferences...

Essentially the SEC/Big 12 deal is the shot across the bow.

They will be bidding out that game and it will bring in the money. No longer are the bowls in power it would seem. I can see Jerry Jones licking his chops for this game.

The four team playoff is coming in 2014, I believe.

We are starting to see some cracks in some of the super conferences right now. FSU's flirtation with the Big 12 is one. Amazing that the Big 12 will survive and ultimately be one of the four major conferences with the Pac12, Big Ten and SEC. Heck, it could also mean the end of these conference affiliations with the NCAA.

The way I see it, is that the ACC is on shaky ground. Funny how Syracuse and Pitt jumped from the sinking Big East ship because of football to another potential sinking ship in the ACC. I can see FSU and possibly Clemson or Miami bolting for the Big 12. The SEC would eye UNC but UNC will be faced with the quandary of leaving Duke behind. They also may prefer the Big 10. I then see the SEC targeting VPI and NC State, who I both have long thought were two of their targets. Opens up the VA and NC markets for the upcoming SEC Network which should be right around the corner.

Four super conferences are coming and the ACC is on watch and could be ripe for being raided by the Big 4 conferences, which unfortunately for the Big East and other middle conferences will be relegated to second tier status for a long time.

I don't see WVU. Probably could have had them if they wanted them and really didn't pursue them.

I think that the number one target for them right now is VPI. I forget where I read it or heard it, it many have been Chris Low from ESPN or Hayes from TSN, but VPI is the one in the cross hairs.

I see it as VPI and then one of the Carolina schools, most likely NCState.

I don't see WVU. Probably could have had them if they wanted them and really didn't pursue them.

I think that the number one target for them right now is VPI. I forget where I read it or heard it, it many have been Chris Low from ESPN or Hayes from TSN, but VPI is the one in the cross hairs.

I see it as VPI and then one of the Carolina schools, most likely NCState.

Low was the one that said WVU on Finebaum's show.

Interesting, but I just dont see WVU as being attractive.

The SEC adds the state VA and NC and their footprint doubles from about 50 million to 100 million and the amount of money the new network would bring in would be astronomical.

Bottom line is that Florida State holds the ACC by the proverbial gonads. The ACC is no better than the Big East in football and FSU knows this despite their lack of recent success. They bolt for the Big 12 and bring along one other school and suddenly it will be open season on the ACC.

Pretty much the Big East will then become the ACC and the product will not be any better and they will be on the outside looking in.

If you are the SEC you have to go after Va. Tech and North Carolina. Gives SEC 14

That leave FSU, Maimi, Clemson heading to the Big 12. BIG 12 now has 13.

Does UL get the invite to Big 12 or BYU

Nex thing is the Big 10 has to get to 16 teams. I see adding Notre Dame, Duke, Pitt, and Syracuse. giving 16 teams to the Big Ten

Who would the Pac 12 go after?

If you are the SEC you have to go after Va. Tech and North Carolina. Gives SEC 14

That would actually give the SEC 16 with 3 of last 4 additions bringing very little value. Mizzou, A&M and UNC add nothing to the SEC as a football league and actually could detract from it by limiting the number of times the power programs meet from opposite divisions.

That would actually give the SEC 16 with 3 of last 4 additions bringing very little value. Mizzou, A&M and UNC add nothing to the SEC as a football league and actually could detract from it by limiting the number of times the power programs meet from opposite divisions.

Read something yesterday that CBS is not wanting to pay any more money than they are currently on the hook for with the SEC because they are not seeing added value in Missouri and A&M.

Read something yesterday that CBS is not wanting to pay any more money than they are currently on the hook for with the SEC because they are not seeing added value in Missouri and A&M.

Yup. Starting to see some backlash on the panic moves that happened last year...

I would like to see this playoff have a reverse effect on the conferences. I would like to get back to smaller conferences. I like 10 and 12 teams conferences.

It probably could have if the BE and ACC would have pushed for an 8 team playoff