Looks like we are headed to four super conferences...

I think for UL and the Big East they need to put Pressure on Notre Dame. Start telling them either they are all in or all out. Your conference is falling apart so you might as well try to keep your big fish. Then you would have ND and Boise St.

I think for UL and the Big East they need to put Pressure on Notre Dame. Start telling them either they are all in or all out. Your conference is falling apart so you might as well try to keep your big fish. Then you would have ND and Boise St.

What is the plan after they stop laughing???

So will the conferences start swallowing everyone and go into NFL type divisions to cut travel expenses? Then we'll actually have a playoff inside of the conference w/ the 4 champs playing in a final four? That would be nice.

So will the conferences start swallowing everyone and go into NFL type divisions to cut travel expenses? Then we'll actually have a playoff inside of the conference w/ the 4 champs playing in a final four? That would be nice.

That would require logical thinking and intelligent leadership. So, nope...

Without knowing too much about the "value" of programs, I would think A&M is pretty solid. Mizzou questionable but doesn't A&M bring a lot of football value?

I don't think A&M will have a ton of value when no longer attached to UT at the hip. The state of Texas is only interested in UT in any large capacity. I think A&M will really struggle to be relevant in the SEC...

So what do you lose if ND is laughing? Nothing, your conference is falling apart. You have more to gain than sitting around chasing teams like Cal-Tech Poly.

You force their hand and watch them exit stage left. At that point you have gained nothing and lost a lot. What is your end game???

You force their hand and watch them exit stage left. At that point you have gained nothing and lost a lot. What is your end game???

Goal is to try and save the Big East. You currently dont have ND as a football member. So them leaving the Big East what do you lose? The Conference is a joke as it relates to football.

So ND riding off into the sunset will do the same thing with them sitting on the sideline.

Goal is to try and save the Big East. You currently dont have ND as a football member. So them leaving the Big East what do you lose? The Conference is a joke as it relates to football.

So ND riding off into the sunset will do the same thing with them sitting on the sideline.

They aren't joining the Big East in football. Ever. You can ask all you want...

Essentially the SEC/Big 12 deal is the shot across the bow.

They will be bidding out that game and it will bring in the money. No longer are the bowls in power it would seem. I can see Jerry Jones licking his chops for this game.

The four team playoff is coming in 2014, I believe.

We are starting to see some cracks in some of the super conferences right now. FSU's flirtation with the Big 12 is one. Amazing that the Big 12 will survive and ultimately be one of the four major conferences with the Pac12, Big Ten and SEC. Heck, it could also mean the end of these conference affiliations with the NCAA.

The way I see it, is that the ACC is on shaky ground. Funny how Syracuse and Pitt jumped from the sinking Big East ship because of football to another potential sinking ship in the ACC. I can see FSU and possibly Clemson or Miami bolting for the Big 12. The SEC would eye UNC but UNC will be faced with the quandary of leaving Duke behind. They also may prefer the Big 10. I then see the SEC targeting VPI and NC State, who I both have long thought were two of their targets. Opens up the VA and NC markets for the upcoming SEC Network which should be right around the corner.

Four super conferences are coming and the ACC is on watch and could be ripe for being raided by the Big 4 conferences, which unfortunately for the Big East and other middle conferences will be relegated to second tier status for a long time.

LBS, I think you pretty much have it nailed. Four super conferences, with 64 teams. A lot of insiders have seen this coming for several years.

To the bolded, they will leave the NCAA and form their own playoff system. March Madness as we know it will be over in 5, 4, 3,..... Enjoy it while you can.