May 3, 201214 yr I'm offended by your lack of perspective in saying that about these men. They've made a career out of bringing attention to people whom were offended. They nobody an apology, but I apologize for you not realizing there are two sides to all coins.Men? More like clowns.
May 3, 201214 yr I'm offended by your lack of perspective in saying that about these men. They've made a career out of bringing attention to people whom were offended. They nobody an apology, but I apologize for you not realizing there are two sides to all coins. Except to the Duke lacrosse players? These are not good men. They are GREAT men for their service to the Civil Rights field and true pioneers. But you are kidding yourself if you do not think they do not sit around waiting for any attempt to be in front of a camera for a racial story these days. UKMustangfan fan said above: I would say everyone has the right to be offended, however I feel people are way too big of pansys these days. People really need to grow up as a whole IMO. I am in the same line of thinking. To answer the thread, we all have the right to be offended. But people now more than ever look for any reason to be offended.
May 3, 201214 yr I wish I could say how I really feel about a lot of things but people would be offended so I try to dial it down. :lol:
May 3, 201214 yr I'm offended by your lack of perspective in saying that about these men. They've made a career out of bringing attention to people whom were offended. They nobody an apology, but I apologize for you not realizing there are two sides to all coins.Woodsrider has a point. Al and Jesse do what they do now to try to stay socially relevant and at any cost, otherwise they would have faded a long time ago. They do race relations no favor IMO.
May 3, 201214 yr Except to the Duke lacrosse players? These are not good men. They are GREAT men for their service to the Civil Rights field and true pioneers. But you are kidding yourself if you do not think they do not sit around waiting for any attempt to be in front of a camera for a racial story these days. UKMustangfan fan said above: I would say everyone has the right to be offended, however I feel people are way too big of pansys these days. People really need to grow up as a whole IMO. I am in the same line of thinking. To answer the thread, we all have the right to be offended. But people now more than ever look for any reason to be offended. By Civil Rights do you mean black rights? Civil is a fancy word to cloak what they really mean for these two. That is that these two are interested in using race and hope to ca$h in anytime they feel a black person has been wronged and they can garner some media and public support or sympathy.
May 3, 201214 yr By Civil Rights do you mean black rights? Civil is a fancy word to cloak what they really mean for these two. That is that these two are interested in using race and hope to ca$h in anytime they feel a black person has been wronged and they can garner some media and public support or sympathy. Yea, those pesky "black rights." Should've never given them the vote, all they do is complain. When's the next rally, brother?!
May 3, 201214 yr Yea, those pesky "black rights." Should've never given them the vote, all they do is complain. When's the next rally, brother?!Wow! The race merchants are alive and well!
May 3, 201214 yr Wow! The race merchants are alive and well! Oh I agree. Though I imagine we have quite the different view on who these "race merchants" are.
May 3, 201214 yr By Civil Rights do you mean black rights? Civil is a fancy word to cloak what they really mean for these two. That is that these two are interested in using race and hope to ca$h in anytime they feel a black person has been wronged and they can garner some media and public support or sympathy. I'm lost at how they make money off of it. How do they make money(cash in) anytime they feel a black person has been wronged? I wasn't aware they get paid for that. I may need to re-evaluate my career path.
May 3, 201214 yr I'm lost at how they make money off of it. How do they make money(cash in) anytime they feel a black person has been wronged? I wasn't aware they get paid for that. I may need to re-evaluate my career path.Reverand Al and Jesse are shakedown artists, nothing more, nothing less.
May 3, 201214 yr Oh I agree. Though I imagine we have quite the different view on who these "race merchants" are.Maybe, maybe not. But if you continue to look down your nose at the rest of us, the unwashed conservative masses, the interior of your nostrils may get sunburned.
May 3, 201214 yr I'm lost at how they make money off of it. How do they make money(cash in) anytime they feel a black person has been wronged? I wasn't aware they get paid for that. I may need to re-evaluate my career path.It is about exposure and self promotion. They are celebrities. Celebrities often times like the attention because it enhances their career. And more power to them for wanting that exposure, but I get the sense - as do most - it is not all about pointing out racial injustices.
May 3, 201214 yr Wow! This conversation has so MANY things to address! To answer the thread topic, people are offended when they feel insulted...either by someone eschewing their beliefs, or by their tone or words, the speaker/writer conveys that they think less of someone or a group of people for whatever reason. There is righteous offense (offense taken legitimately) and outrageous offense (offense taken for the sake of creating a stir). I believe there are absolutely reasons one can take offense. I also believe some people take offense just for the drama of it. I also think that there are people out there who are "inciteful" (not to be confused with insightful). They like to say and do things that they know are rude, obnoxious and insulting. I find these people are the ones who are the first to decry "political correctness", which I find means they've confused respect, common courtesy and manners with sugar-coating. My mom always told me "You catch more flys with honey than with...well...poop". So, I really, REALLY try hard to think before I speak (or type), and I try very hard to think like the other person before I convey my thoughts. I find I offend far fewer people that way. On the other hand, some deride me for being "PC". Well, if being "PC" means I'm respectful of other ideas, thoughts, beliefs and ways, I'm happy to be "PC".
May 3, 201214 yr It is about exposure and self promotion. They are celebrities. Celebrities often times like the attention because it enhances their career. And more power to them for wanting that exposure, but I get the sense - as do most - it is not all about pointing out racial injustices. But the posters have said they are making money. I am trying to figure out who is paying them. I'll be the first to admit that while they do point out perceived racial injustices they do so for attention and increased celebrity(main reasons why I don't like either of them). I'm just trying to figure out who pays them. Where does their income come from?
May 3, 201214 yr Reverand Al and Jesse are shakedown artists, nothing more, nothing less. Who are they shaking down? I'm sincerely lost. I know they make money but from who is my question. Their church maybe? I'm trying to figure out who pays these guys.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.