Reds Lineup/Rotation 2014 ( Possibly 2013 )

Possible Lineup 2014 - Ages Opening Day 2014

SS Hamilton 23 years old

3B Cozart 28 years old

1B Votto 30 years old

2B Phillips 32 years old

RF Bruce 26 years old

LF Ludwick 35 years old ( probably be someone else here )

CF Stubbs 29 years old

C Mesoraco 25 years old

Rotation

SP Cueto 27 years old

SP Chapman 25 years old

SP Latos 26 years old

SP Leake 26 years old

SP Bailey 27 years old

Closer Marshall 31 years old

It is actually incredible when you look at it all on paper and how young this team is. I am very excited about this team and what the next 5-10 years have in store. Thank you Walt Jocketty...Well done sir!!!!

redlegs.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hamilton won't be ready that soon ... striking out 20+ percent of the time in Low-A ball last year is a sign he's going to need time to develop.

Cozart won't hit enough to play third, and Ludwick will be lucky to keep a job this season.

Hamilton won't be ready that soon ... striking out 20+ percent of the time in Low-A ball last year is a sign he's going to need time to develop.

Cozart won't hit enough to play third, and Ludwick will be lucky to keep a job this season.

Cozart will be a 25 doubles, 5 triples , 12-15 HR's , 60-70 RBI type of guy IMO. Ludwick is on pace for 24 doubles, 24 HR's and 75 RBI's..I guess that is no good. This is also with only hitting .200 now. He will wind up around .260 as always. Keep staying negative I chose to be positive.

Hamilton is tearing the cover off the ball this season in High-A ball. To say he won't be ready 2 years from now is incredibly premature.

Hamilton is tearing the cover off the ball this season in High-A ball. To say he won't be ready 2 years from now is incredibly premature.

Imo they will look to get Hamilton in the lineup by 2014 if not sooner. I think he moves to AA really soon as they want to see if he can handle pitching at that level. If so he will be ready by 2014 as the pitching at AAA is not that much better than AA. At 160 lbs. look for him to add a little weight over the next 2 years to be able to handle the grind of 162 games.

Possible Lineup 2014 - Ages Opening Day 2014

SS Hamilton 23 years old

3B Cozart 28 years old

1B Votto 30 years old

2B Phillips 32 years old

RF Bruce 26 years old

LF Ludwick 35 years old ( probably be someone else here )

CF Stubbs 29 years old

C Mesoraco 25 years old

Rotation

SP Cueto 27 years old

SP Chapman 25 years old

SP Latos 26 years old

SP Leake 26 years old

SP Bailey 27 years old

Closer Marshall 31 years old

It is actually incredible when you look at it all on paper and how young this team is. I am very excited about this team and what the next 5-10 years have in store. Thank you Walt Jocketty...Well done sir!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36418[/ATTACH]

I think that Corcino could be the 5th starter by 2014 which would mean that Bailey or Leake could be gone maybe via trade.

Cozart will be a 25 doubles, 5 triples , 12-15 HR's , 60-70 RBI type of guy IMO. Ludwick is on pace for 24 doubles, 24 HR's and 75 RBI's..I guess that is no good. This is also with only hitting .200 now. He will wind up around .260 as always. Keep staying negative I chose to be positive.
It's not being negative ... it's being realistic.

If Cozart duplicates his minor league production, he won't be much of a third baseman. His defense is fine at short ... as long as that stays the case, he'll be there.

It's not being negative ... it's being realistic.

If Cozart duplicates his minor league production, he won't be much of a third baseman. His defense is fine at short ... as long as that stays the case, he'll be there.

He'd produce more than they're getting out of Scott Rolen right now.

Rolen is pretty valuable to this team even without much offense.

Why do 3B have to put up huge offensive numbers?

Rolen since the start of the 2011 season:

.230-7-44 in 322 AB ... .272 OBP, .382 SLP, .654 OPS

That's not very valuable, even if his defense is Gold Glove caliber ... he's not producing anything offensively.

It actually appears that Henry Rodriguez the switch hitting third baseman would be a better candidate to play third...My Lineup would look like this...I believe that Stubbs will more than likely not be with the team if Hamilton progresses at the rate he is now...Gregorius is blocked and also looks to be a trade candidate depending on the production and health of both Cozart and Phillips by that time...I do believe that Corcino replaces either Leake or Bailey by that time as well...

C-Mesoraco

1B-Votto

2B-Phillips

3B-Rodriguez

SS-Cozart

LF-Lutz/Soto

CF-Hamilton

RF-Bruce