Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Zimmerman In Custody

Featured Replies

When someone can explain to me how someone can pull a gun out and deliver a kill shot while getting their head pounded into the ground then I'll backtrack.

 

I'm not saying what he did was right or just. He may not have broken the stand your ground law though. There were people all over the globe judging a grainy video tape of him walking into a police station saying he clearly wasn't cut. Those people will back track or ignore the new evidence.

  • Replies 63
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not saying what he did was right or just. He may not have broken the stand your ground law though. There were people all over the globe judging a grainy video tape of him walking into a police station saying he clearly wasn't cut. Those people will back track or ignore the new evidence.

 

I don't buy videos, you see what you want on them. However, like you said, he may or may not have broken that law. That's what I've always wanted to know. At what point did the confrontation start? Everything else about it has been beaten into the ground.

And the back trackers will be out in 3...2...1...

 

The cops didn't arrest him because his story stood up to the evidence. Crazy, I know but maybe the cops had this one right.

 

http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/ht_george_zimmerman_head_dm_120419_wmain.jpg

 

This has zero bearing on WHO initiated the physical altercation, which will be pertinent to determining Zimmerman's guilt.

This has zero bearing on WHO initiated the physical altercation, which will be pertinent to determining Zimmerman's guilt.
I could be wrong here but I don't think it matters who started it according the Florida law. If I start a fight with but you get the best of me and I feel my life is in danger I can use deadly force. I'm pretty sure that is how it is written but could be wrong.
  • Author

He has been released on $150k bail.

I still think it is amazing that there is a law that allows you to kill someone if they beat you up as long as you do so during the fight. I think I read that 23 states have the Stand Your Ground law.

I could be wrong here but I don't think it matters who started it according the Florida law. If I start a fight with but you get the best of me and I feel my life is in danger I can use deadly force. I'm pretty sure that is how it is written but could be wrong.

 

If so, the law may be better named "Open Season" law. I can start a fight with someone I don't like, "feel" threatened, pull out my gun and kill them without repercussion.

 

I need to research a list of the states in which this is law. Perhaps I need to get my C/C and start packing, so that I stand a chance.

I could be wrong here but I don't think it matters who started it according the Florida law. If I start a fight with but you get the best of me and I feel my life is in danger I can use deadly force. I'm pretty sure that is how it is written but could be wrong.

 

Exactly. I'm not sure what he told police that night, but if he's not locked into a story he's going to say he turned around and was walking back to his vehicle when Martin confronted him. If he is locked into a story he still might not be guilty b/c of the law.

I still think it is amazing that there is a law that allows you to kill someone if they beat you up as long as you do so during the fight. I think I read that 23 states have the Stand Your Ground law.

 

I couldn't agree more. There is no doubt in my mind that Zimmerman was the person at fault for the confrontation. I highly doubt he broke the law from what I've read.

I still think it is amazing that there is a law that allows you to kill someone if they beat you up as long as you do so during the fight. I think I read that 23 states have the Stand Your Ground law.

 

I posted another link a week or two ago about other "Stand Your Ground" cases across the country.

Exactly. I'm not sure what he told police that night, but if he's not locked into a story he's going to say he turned around and was walking back to his vehicle when Martin confronted him. If he is locked into a story he still might not be guilty b/c of the law.

 

His dad is/was a judge. I'm thinking they could come up with a pretty good story.

Stolen from twitter......

 

@TheYungDrummr: Mike Vick kills dogs & gets no bond... But George Zimmerman kills a black man & gets a $150,000 bond... This is the world we live in...smh..

And the back trackers will be out in 3...2...1...

 

The cops didn't arrest him because his story stood up to the evidence. Crazy, I know but maybe the cops had this one right.

 

http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/ht_george_zimmerman_head_dm_120419_wmain.jpg

The lead detective asked for a manslaughter charge, which means somewhere there is a huge hole in Zimmerman's story. The original prosecutor said no, and later stepped down. As far as me, I have nothing to back down from. I've always said I wouldn't be surprised that Trayvon whipped Zimmerman with his bare hands. If the boy was 6'3" 140-160, I guarantee his reach was reminiscent of Tommy Hearns. Arms too long. I used to hate fighting tall people. Got to get inside, but negotiating that reach was sometimes difficult - and painful. But once inside, I knew to either grab them and take them down, or open up like a son of a b*&%h, and swim without getting wet. Zimmerman chose to grapple.

Another thing I liked hearing about Trayvon busting Zimmerman with bare hands is that these kids today forgot how to throw hands, and that is why they keep getting gun cases and murder charges. They weren't shown how to throw hands, and so when they get punched, they overreact. But Trayvon having a dad in his life, his dad showed him how to throw hands. Hate to be all stereotypical, but most black men will make sure their son knows how to defend himself. My dad did that for me, and I did for my son.

 

But as these reported stories have all said, THE SPECIAL PROSECUTOR KNEW OF ZIMMERMAN'S BLOODY HEAD PHOTOS, AND STILL FELT IS APPROPRIATE TO FILE A SECOND DEGREE MURDER CHARGE (WHICH GIVES THE OPTION OF A PLEA BARGAIN TO A MANSLAUGHTER - A LESSER CHARGE). ONCE AGAIN SHOWING THERE IS A MAJOR HOLE SOMEHWERE IN ZIMMERMAN'S STORY.

I couldn't agree more. There is no doubt in my mind that Zimmerman was the person at fault for the confrontation. I highly doubt he broke the law from what I've read.

 

Can't stand your ground, if you are the instigator. No law is that loosely written or so ridiculous to allow you to confront someone and later kill them after you get your arse whipped.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.