Mason County 40 Augusta 0 (4 innings)

Final from Augusta in 4 innings..

A drubbing like this occurs every year, and every year the winning coach is crucified on here. I just hope that Mason County was holding kids to singles, and everyone but the water cooler got to play. If those things were done, no complaints here. It's a district game, Augusta's seniors were on Senior Trip, and Mason County isn't exactly a baseball powerhouse. If Mason County starts striking out on purpose, that's more humiliating to Augusta than a 40-0 loss.

That being said, someone please tell me those things were done.

Final from Augusta in 4 innings..

A drubbing like this occurs every year, and every year the winning coach is crucified on here. I just hope that Mason County was holding kids to singles, and everyone but the water cooler got to play. If those things were done, no complaints here. It's a district game, Augusta's seniors were on Senior Trip, and Mason County isn't exactly a baseball powerhouse. If Mason County starts striking out on purpose, that's more humiliating to Augusta than a 40-0 loss.

That being said, someone please tell me those things were done.

Why in the world would you schedule a game if you have kids on Spring Break/Class Trip????? This is Nonsense. Mason County should have brought in some softball players to make it more humiliating.

Why in the world would you schedule a game if you have kids on Spring Break/Class Trip?????

Sometimes you cant help how the schedule fits in with the class trip, spring break, etc.. I know many times teams have games on prom day and sometimes the end of year tournament falls on graduation day.

Why in the world would you schedule a game if you have kids on Spring Break/Class Trip????? This is Nonsense. Mason County should have brought in some softball players to make it more humiliating.

I think they are in the same district.

Yes I know I will get the same dribble from the big school prponents of "get better" etc.........But guess what in a sport like baseball kids in certain areas do not play competitive before they play in high school and then....................if you are a very small school you might have 2 or 3 legit players and the rest just....well filling spots. We classify football and that makes sense....it takes 11 players at a time and small schools cannot compete from a roster standpoint. Baseball same way.....it takes 9 players plus all your extra pitchers. I am not beating on your sacred basketball cow (5 players at a time so much easier to compete in plus schools have control of developing younger players in thir elementary programs.).....but lets face it baseball is not a school sport for most schools until you hit freshmen level in Kentucky and by that point kids can get way behind if not playing select or at least in semi competitive leagues. I am very familiar with one small school and they have kids starting who have not played summer baseball for 3 years!!!!!!!! As short a season as it is no coach is going to make that big an impact on a player and now that the player is 14 he has no chance of making a select team as he is too far behind those players..................

Look at the math on this. A school with 135 high school students half being girls playing a school of 1,200 high school students half being girls (this would be a Class A school vs a 6A school which happens all over the state in district play). Now if you have 600 boys chances are you can come up with 14-15 quality baseball players to play varsity. Ok that means 2.3% of your male population can play varsity baseball at a good level. Now take 70 boys in the high school and get 2.3% of your population able to play competitive baseball...............Uh that means around 1.6 quality baseball players in your school system to play varsity baseball...................

Now yes there are exceptions to every rule but that is the problem with the arguments about certain schools beign competitive........They are EXCEPTIONS!!!!! Further baseball is a sport that requires some financial investment by a parent in gloves, spikes, and other equipment.

And as far as private schools those students attending those schools have (on average) more financial means to play summer baseball, to purchase the equipment, and therefore are much more developed baseball players than the players at public schools in traditionally poverty areas. Lets face it if you are paying tuition you can probably pay the baseball fees and the equipment; if you are struggling to make ends meet baseball equipment and playing summer ball is a luxury when you can play basketball with no equipment and football with all equipment provided.