UL Bans Local Mainstream Media

Clyde

Any more on this? I thought this was odd when I read this thread yesterday. Is it a UK/UL thing or what?

Adam Lefkoe ‏ @AdamLefkoe

With most TV and Newspaper crews covering UofL and UK B-ball in recent weeks, apparently there wasn't enough coverage during spring prax.

^ Let's not jump to conclusions. I do believe that is what it appears to be, and there's something to it....from what I'm told, it's not THAT UK / UL got bball coverage (UK is the problem), it's the lack of football.....it's not like there's not enough pages to a sports section.

Not shocking. Athletic Departments across the country have gotten extremely pouty lately that local media aren't acting as their PR department. Jurich has thrown fits with local media before (the way he's thrown around muscle with local radio stations is unbelievable) and I'm sure that attitude goes from the top down to the coaches as well.

Eric Crawford posted a blog post about it, and the comments section that followed/follows is quite lengthy and quite informative.

Do you know where I can find it? I tried looking for it on the most difficult-to-navigate website in existence, The Louisville Courier-Journal, but failed.

Do you know where I can find it? I tried looking for it on the most difficult-to-navigate website in existence, The Louisville Courier-Journal, but failed.
All of it is actually in the comments associated with the "U of L-UK football opener moved to Sunday" article details. It is his first response to the first comment.

^ Let's not jump to conclusions. I do believe that is what it appears to be, and there's something to it....from what I'm told, it's not THAT UK / UL got bball coverage (UK is the problem), it's the lack of football.....it's not like there's not enough pages to a sports section.

:cry:

Its pathetic regardless.

:cry:

Its pathetic regardless.

I really don't care. It's geared towards print media, which if the CJ....I gave up caring about it, a long time ago...in regards to our local news media, who cares? They'll be there when need be. In today's day and age, the normal media outlets, as we know it, aren't needed anymore. If Louisville Football feels shunned, then I suggest those in the crosshairs step up.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. When will these idiots learn that it's not the job of media outlets to be public relations organs for the local universities?
Agree, and that goes for the major paper in Lexington too. The hometown paper doesn't have to be a publicity w'hore for the local U, coach, team, etc. Report the good, report the bad, have some balance.