April 3, 201214 yr ^ I would say close to 20-25%. They will have to get the payroll to $100 M at some point in the near future. That'll be tough. I'm sure tickets and concessions will go up. I'd venture to say a more lucrative TV deal will have to happen also. Fox is going to have to come to the plate with some real $. Winning would also help.
April 3, 201214 yr I think a new TV deal is going to be negotiated soon giving the team a much larger share than $10M of revenues. Also heard that Castellini said they still have the money to resign BP. :idunno:
April 3, 201214 yr That'll be tough. I'm sure tickets and concessions will go up. I'd venture to say a more lucrative TV deal will have to happen also. Fox is going to have to come to the plate with some real $. Winning would also help. I've heard Fox is willing to renegotiate the deal early (expires in 2016). FSO is dead without Reds baseball. They need them more than the Reds needs FSO. I would say a bigger TV deal down the road and an increase in attendance can propel them to $100M. Like UKMF said they only get around $10m a year from the TV deal. I would expect that to at least double.
April 3, 201214 yr I've heard Fox is willing to renegotiate the deal early (expires in 2016). FSO is dead without Reds baseball. They need them more than the Reds needs FSO. I would say a bigger TV deal down the road and an increase in attendance can propel them to $100M. The TV deal is huge. Hope they get it done. As far as attendance, I'm not sure how much of a bump they will need. If the average fan spends 50 bucks then you would need a 400,000 increase in attendance to pay for Votto. Not sure how I came up with 50 bucks though. Maybe it's higher
April 3, 201214 yr Nice to see a small market team hang on to the face of the franchise. I hope it doesn't hamstring the Reds like the Griffey deal did, though. Seemed like it was tough to get/keep many players around him.
April 3, 201214 yr Nice to see a small market team hang on to the face of the franchise. I hope it doesn't hamstring the Reds like the Griffey deal did, though. Seemed like it was tough to get/keep many players around him. My thoughts exactly. I love that they resigned him but I worry about the ramifications down the line.
April 3, 201214 yr My thoughts exactly. I love that they resigned him but I worry about the ramifications down the line. Reds fans gotta do their part too. GABP has to be filled, regularly!
April 3, 201214 yr The way salaries are ballooning, in 4-5 years this pay may be a bargain for a superstar...
April 3, 201214 yr Votto is already making $17 Million this year. This deal doesn't go into effect for another 2 years, so it's really not a bad deal at all. It's somewhat concerning that we'll have so much money invested in one player, but if the payroll continues to increase & Votto continues to produce the Reds should be in good shape.
April 4, 201214 yr I think a new TV deal is going to be negotiated soon giving the team a much larger share than $10M of revenues. Also heard that Castellini said they still have the money to resign BP. :idunno: I've heard Fox is willing to renegotiate the deal early (expires in 2016). FSO is dead without Reds baseball. They need them more than the Reds needs FSO. I would say a bigger TV deal down the road and an increase in attendance can propel them to $100M. Like UKMF said they only get around $10m a year from the TV deal. I would expect that to at least double. The TV deal is huge. Hope they get it done. As far as attendance, I'm not sure how much of a bump they will need. If the average fan spends 50 bucks then you would need a 400,000 increase in attendance to pay for Votto. Not sure how I came up with 50 bucks though. Maybe it's higher Guys, Cincy is the smallest TV market in the MLB. I'd make sure and properly temper my expectations here.
April 4, 201214 yr Guys, Cincy is the smallest TV market in the MLB. I'd make sure and properly temper my expectations here. The Reds also draw solid numbers in Dayton and Columbus on FSO. The market is bigger than the city limits...
April 4, 201214 yr The Reds also draw solid numbers in Dayton and Columbus on FSO. The market is bigger than the city limits... And I watch about three games per week down here in lovely, lovely Louisville. I'd be curious to see how they do down here. I know a lot of Reds fans.
April 4, 201214 yr Reds fans gotta do their part too. GABP has to be filled, regularly! Got tickets to all three games of the series with the Twins. I've got plans in the works to drive up for at least three more. I'm doing my part. :lol:
April 4, 201214 yr The Reds also draw solid numbers in Dayton and Columbus on FSO. The market is bigger than the city limits... Which still keeps them small time...
April 4, 201214 yr To be clear, I'm not saying a new TV deal won't help. I'm just saying that the expectations need to be lowered a little.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.