Top 1st year Coaches in the State

Here is my list in no certain order:

Andrew Zaheri- Danville- Won the Class A region in his first season and also his first district game

Johnny Leep- Trimble County- Did a great job with little talent

Coach Davis- South Laurel- Had to battle thru a lot of injuries- he will have the cardinals back in the hunt soon

Denny Fugate- Breathitt County- Not really a first year head coach but has been away from the game for a long time.

Derossett- Prestonsburg- Has the Black Cats on the right track to building a solid program.

Andrew Zaheri- Danville- Won the Class A region in his first season and also his first district game

I'm not saying he's not a good coach, but that Class A region is a dog - Somerset, Burgin, Monticello. And his "district" win was against Kentucky School for the Deaf; his club proceeded to lose to Lincoln County and miss the region.

• 2 weeks later...

Coach Zaheri did an outstanding job at Danville in his first year. He beat Boyle, Southern, DeSales, and gave Lincoln a great game all three times. I saw them play this year and I thought they had a great season under Zaheri considering that he did not have a great deal of talent. I look for Zaheri to have this program near the top of the region in a couple years.

Can't believe no one has mention Scott Ruthsatz of CovCath.

All he did was take a team that many thought wouldn't win 6/7 games and Coached them to the Ninth Region Tourney, upsetting maybe the best team in the Region in the 1st round of the 35th District!

Hundley does a great job but he was not a first year coach last year. It was his second year at Woodford.
I meant during his first year at Woodford. He led them to a district title and the semis of the 11th.

He did coach at St. Pat before but this was by far his best job...a layup from upsetting Mason for a district title.

Agree. Me and Jason played Bball with each other at Germantown Park, before my softball games started. It's been awhile though I jokingly accused him of werein' my knees out from me chasin' him on the court.

Agree. Me and Jason played Bball with each other at Germantown Park, before my softball games started. It's been awhile though I jokingly accused him of werein' my knees out from me chasin' him on the court.

nothing better than some softball at Germantown! If you played with and against Jason, then Im certain we've played each other as well.

Can't believe no one has mention Scott Ruthsatz of CovCath.

All he did was take a team that many thought wouldn't win 6/7 games and Coached them to the Ninth Region Tourney, upsetting maybe the best team in the Region in the 1st round of the 35th District!

It hurts to agree but very impressive season. I hate it when the blue boys are making noice. I respect the program.