12th Region 2012-2013

Agreed.

Four starters and the 7th man from East Jessamine made it. Tayshaun Hairston and Cameron Thomas were the odd Jaguars out.

Here's the list from memory.....

Timmy Bradshaw-East Jessamine

Cody Collins-East Jessamine

CJ Boyd-East Jessamine

Michael Rexroat-East Jessamine

Ronnie Carson-East Jessamine

Austin Sebastian-Garrard County

Andy Dodd-Wayne County

Tyson Williams-McCreary Central

Trent Edginton-Lincoln County

Micah Satterly-Boyle County

Justin Edwards-Southwestern

David Kapinga-Southwestern

Cody Epperson-Southwestern

Taylor Gover-Pulaski County

Kody Johnson-Pulaski County

Tryston Ford-Danville

Chase Fain-West Jessamine

Point guard from West Jessamine

Sam Irvine-Burgin

Alex Beckerson-Burgin

and maybe Luke Hill-Lincoln County

Kyle Rice and Michael Arnett were better than over half of that list including each kid from East Jessamine. Hadn't heard of the Andy Dodd kid either.

Just sayin....

Luke Hill did NOT make the all 12th Region team! :idunno:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purple you really need to get your facts straight before opening your mouth. Ties in voting are not broken so that kids are not left out. Thus why there were so many this year. These votes come from the coaches same as the nominees. I know the kids from Boyle and they quality individuals as well as basketball players. I was surprised they didn't make it either. As an adult though I would not bash on high school kids in open forums, maybe it's time for finding more to do with ones personal time.

Purple you really need to get your facts straight before opening your mouth. Ties in voting are not broken so that kids are not left out. Thus why there were so many this year. These votes come from the coaches same as the nominees. I know the kids from Boyle and they quality individuals as well as basketball players. I was surprised they didn't make it either. As anadult though I would not bash on high school kids in open forums, maybe it's time for finding more to do with ones personal time.

I got my facts right. I was at the banquet when O'Bryan said there was a 9 way tie for 12th place and that they never break ties. I believe he said the 9 guys all got 4 votes. Correct me if I am wrong. I disagreed with the decision then and I'll continue to. Just like I'll continue to disagree with some of the selections. That's my choice. I didn't bash any kids. I am bashing the coaches who selected the kids and I am bashing the kumbaya world we live in where everybody wins. And 21 kids make it and Luke Hill, Kyle Rice and Michael Arnett don't make it? Whatever. I see you have 3 posts so maybe you should find more to do with your personal time. Conversations like this happen daily. I said Boyle would beat East Jessamine in the tourney and I was right. And it was because I knew our three best were better than their three best and I knew all we had to do was execute our game plan to win. Well guess what we did. But only one kid from Boyle makes it and five from East make it? Sorry, I'm going to speak my mind and I spoke it within the rules of the website. Sorry you don't agree with my words and find them harsh but it's what I feel about the 2012 12th region team.

You seem to be in the know, CoachOB23. Can coaches vote for their own players and did coaches vote for their own players? What are the rules of selecting the 12th Region team? It is my understanding coaches aren't supposed to vote for their own players. Is that not true? Are assistant coaches allowed to vote?

Not sure purple about your logic in the quotes above however with that said its real simple Pulaski Co. has won only one single game in three years in the region tournment so I think the numbers speak for themselves . Until they can prove that they can win more than one game not sure how you can say they are the team to beat in the 12 region but IMO Southwestern is still the team to beat because when it gets tourny time some teams (Pulaski Co ) dont react well to pressure and until they do the monkey is still on their back .

Not sure purple about your logic in the quotes above however with that said its real simple Pulaski Co. has won only one single game in three years in the region tournment so I think the numbers speak for themselves . Until they can prove that they can win more than one game not sure how you can say they are the team to beat in the 12 region but IMO Southwestern is still the team to beat because when it gets tourny time some teams (Pulaski Co ) dont react well to pressure and until they do the monkey is still on their back .

Why can't they both be the team(s) to beat? Along with West Jessamine. I would think those 3 are the teams to beat. At the same time Pulaski went 2-0 against Southwestern last year and what did that get them? I am assuming you want me to crown Southwestern the best team in the region. Okay fine, Southwestern is the best. Especially if these transfer rumors come to fruition. Come region tournament that means little to nothing. It's all about your draw and matchups. Boyle got a favorable draw and the draw we wanted. Casey and then East Jessamine. I do think if East Jessamine would have beaten Pulaski County in region also because of matchups but I didn't think East would matchup against us. It doesn't mean East wasn't one of the better teams in the region and wasn't a team to beat. They were as were Pulaski and Southwestern. Just like Pulaski, Southwestern and West Jessamine will be this upcoming season.

Neither you or I will be crowning anyone champion the crowning will be done on the floor like Southwestern did last year and it should be very competitive however IMO Southwestern had a great run in the state and went further than any other 12 region team in quite sometime. I guess I dont put as much emphasis on regular season results as I do the tournament thats when you really find out the contenders from the pretenders

Neither you or I will be crowning anyone champion the crowning will be done on the floor like Southwestern did last year and it should be very competitive however IMO Southwestern had a great run in the state and went further than any other 12 region team in quite sometime. I guess I dont put as much emphasis on regular season results as I do the tournament thats when you really find out the contenders from the pretenders

No doubt. West Jessamine went to the Final Four in Jarrod Polson's junior year. West went to quarters the following year, Wayne County went to the quarters the following year and then Southwestern went to the Final Four this year. I think the 12th Region deserves more statewide respect myself.

No doubt. West Jessamine went to the Final Four in Jarrod Polson's junior year. West went to quarters the following year, Wayne County went to the quarters the following year and then Southwestern went to the Final Four this year. I think the 12th Region deserves more statewide respect myself.

Same could be said for the 16th with the runs Elliott and Rowan had.

• 5 weeks later...

Mercer looks much better than anticipated based on what I've seen this summer. They are missing 2 full time starters from last year and 2 other kids that started at times last year (kids out due to travel baseball, injury, work, etc). Despite those absences, team started playing well at team camp 2 weeks ago. Last week played West Jess and competed well though scores were reset each quarter (??). West was missing their normal PG (not Fayne). Next day at East Jess, beat Somerset by 20 and lost by 6 to East the second game after leading the whole game. Was told neither of those teams were missing any starters. Mercer has a lot to prove when the season rolls around but appears to at least have the potential to surprise and compete well in its district - and Ive always thought they were still a year away from doing that. We shall see. Key will be consistency.

I'd love to see Mercer playing well. Russell Sims is like an extended family member.

I'm looking forward to seeing Drew Davis and Will Hager continue to improve as well. Chris Goodman has potential to be a difference maker as well when he keeps his head in the game.

I believe the Davis kid is out with an injury. Mercer is definately one too watch for in the next couple of years with Davis and Hager as well as Austin Sparrow and Russell Sims. Their guard play should be some of the best in the 12th if they continue to develop.