AAU - The Second Season

Now that the Sweet 16 is over, it is on to the AAU circuit for many of KY best players. Here are some teams to keep an eye on. Please post rosters or any other information that you may have.

11th Grade

The Ville - last years state champs. I would expect them to be strong again with the likes of Hicks, Hawkins and Prewitt.

Louisville Magic - I have heard this is where Willis is playing this year. Ellis Myles has shown he can put together some very strong teams.

KY Elite - always a strong team led by Richardson, Monroe, Sanders and Cornett

Shining Stars Schaefer - a Cincy based team but will have 2 of NKY best in Maniacci and McGovney

CRONS - made a surprise run to the Final Four last year.

Other teams who are normally solid - Hoop Dreams & Charlotte Court

10th Grade

Louisville Magic - they had the best run of any KY team last year. Russell is now in FL but they have a great group in Grundy, Snider, Green and Owens.

Charlotte Court - made the state championship last year led by Burns.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I am not mistaken Russell will be back for the summer and playing with Louisville Magic. I am almost certain that he was back last week for spring break and practiced with the team last Sunday. I also think that the 10th grade Louisville Magic team is playing up this year so that may put Willis on the team with them also. I'll see what I can find out.

The Bombers Basketball Club had a great run last year. They should have another great year this year with the addition of 6' 8" Jake Shulte from NCC. Players back from last season are Kristian Morgan of Gallatin Co, Andrew Sampson, Jared Bowling, and Jared Swanson of SK, Michael Beuter and Nick Seibert of NCC, Nick Jackson of Scott Co and Grant Crawford of Pendleton Co

I heard David Kapinga is playing with Hoop Dreams. Unsure what age group.
Kapinga and Edwards from Southwestern, Kosonga and i think Worten from East Ridge, and Fox from Dixie Heights will be playing together with 16U Ky Elite/ Hoop Dreams.

The Bombers Basketball Club had a great run last year. They should have another great year this year with the addition of 6' 8" Jake Shulte from NCC. Players back from last season are Kristian Morgan of Gallatin Co, Andrew Sampson, Jared Bowling, and Jared Swanson of SK, Michael Beuter and Nick Seibert of NCC, Nick Jackson of Scott Co and Grant Crawford of Pendleton Co

Schulte is not 6'8....may want to re-measure.

Now that the Sweet 16 is over, it is on to the AAU circuit for many of KY best players. Here are some teams to keep an eye on. Please post rosters or any other information that you may have.

11th Grade

The Ville - last years state champs. I would expect them to be strong again with the likes of Hicks, Hawkins and Prewitt.

Louisville Magic - I have heard this is where Willis is playing this year. Ellis Myles has shown he can put together some very strong teams.

KY Elite - always a strong team led by Richardson, Monroe, Sanders and Cornett

Shining Stars Schaefer - a Cincy based team but will have 2 of NKY best in Maniacci and McGovney

CRONS - made a surprise run to the Final Four last year.

Other teams who are normally solid - Hoop Dreams & Charlotte Court

10th Grade

Louisville Magic - they had the best run of any KY team last year. Russell is now in FL but they have a great group in Grundy, Snider, Green and Owens.

Charlotte Court - made the state championship last year led by Burns.

Russell will be back and will play 17's along with Snider. The rest of the 16's will remain the same with additions of ST X. Rob Shaw and Butler's D'Angelo Hunter.

CRONS-2012

Nick Ayers SK

Riley Barns SK

Drew Reckner SK

Kellen Jenkins Cov Cath

Sawyer Pauly Cov Cath

Zack Tobler Cov Cath

Ben Uebel Brossart

Justin Saunders Brossart

Zach Pipy Owen County

At least Tobler will be in a similar position as he is at CCH. A bunch of perimeter guys and him.

Russell will be back and will play 17's along with Snider. The rest of the 16's will remain the same with additions of ST X. Rob Shaw and Butler's D'Angelo Hunter.
So, will Snider and Russell be playing with the 16's too or strictly 17's?