Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pat Robertson: A Manning injury would serve the Broncos right

Featured Replies

I have no idea what you are even saying here. All I am conveying is that his play receives a lot more scrutiny... More so than any other person who would start their career 9-7, ugly or not and somehow his wins are dismissed in it all.

 

Tebow is easily the most polarizing figure in sports. One of the most polarizing in sport's history.

 

 

Right. He is talked about more than any athlete in sports history. Shouldn't he be criticized? As good as LeBron is he is criticized as well. Shouldn't Tebow be criticized also?

 

You kind of answered your own question when saying he is criticized for whatever reason. It's because he is one of the most polarizing athletes in sports history.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why?

 

Pick the team-what's wrong with that? Wouldn't you have done that? That's the Broncos decision which was classy.

Private Jet-that's the Jet's decision, should he have turned it down? Would you?

Press conference-that's the Jet's decision, Tebow thought it was silly. Would you have refused in his situation?

 

I think you're riding him for decsions you would have made yourself. We all would. I'm going to ask them to trade me to certain teams. I'm going to get on the private jet my new employer sends for me. I'm going to do the press conference my new employer sets up.

 

 

Exactly. I would to. I would also be subject to whatever criticism falls my way. Should he not be criticized?

Why?

 

Pick the team-what's wrong with that? Wouldn't you have done that? That's the Broncos decision which was classy.

Private Jet-that's the Jet's decision, should he have turned it down? Would you?

Press conference-that's the Jet's decision, Tebow thought it was silly. Would you have refused in his situation?

 

I think you're riding him for decsions you would have made yourself. We all would. I'm going to ask them to trade me to certain teams. I'm going to get on the private jet my new employer sends for me. I'm going to do the press conference my new employer sets up.

 

No other player receives that sort of deference from a team, unless they are a Manning or Brady or other star type who has actually earned that deference by paying their dues. No back-up QB gets that kind of consideration.

No other player receives that sort of deference from a team, unless they are a Manning or Brady or other star type who has actually earned that deference by paying their dues. No back-up QB gets that kind of consideration.

 

You don't know that and I doubt that very much but even if true, so what? As I said, classy move by Denver. Tebow did a ton of good for them last year and they reciprocated. Do you think other player's haven't asked for the same thing?

Exactly. I would to. I would also be subject to whatever criticism falls my way. Should he not be criticized?

 

Why should he be criticized for doing what his employers wanted? Why should you? I'm not understanding here. If you want to criticize the Jets for the private jet and the press conference, I'm all in. As Tebow himself indicated, that was over the top. But then again, it's the Jets.

You don't know that and I doubt that very much but even if true, so what? As I said, classy move by Denver. Tebow did a ton of good for them last year and they reciprocated. Do you think other player's haven't asked for the same thing?

 

I read the sports news just like everyone else and I've never once heard of anyone outside of a superstar receiving that sort of deference when it came to a business decision such as this. It just doesn't happen, especially with a back-up QB whose career record can be called pedestrian at best, at 9-7.

 

Lots of players may ask for such deference, but unless they are a legit superstar with the career production to back it up, they generally don't get it. Sometimes even the superstars don't get that treatment.

Why should he be criticized for doing what his employers wanted? Why should you? I'm not understanding here. If you want to criticize the Jets for the private jet and the press conference, I'm all in. As Tebow himself indicated, that was over the top. But then again, it's the Jets.

 

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about him being criticized as a football player. Isn't that what Bugatti was talking about? How Tebow is criticized more than any other athlete? I was saying for a guy who just did all of the things he did and his title is backup quarterback that criticism comes with the territory.

I read the sports news just like everyone else and I've never once heard of anyone outside of a superstar receiving that sort of deference when it came to a business decision such as this. It just doesn't happen, especially with a back-up QB whose career record can be called pedestrian at best, at 9-7.

 

Lots of players may ask for such deference, but unless they are a legit superstar with the career production to back it up, they generally don't get it. Sometimes even the superstars don't get that treatment.

 

So, you should have no problem with Tebow for asking but you can have a problem with Denver for granting it. I don't have a problem with either. Tebow did a world of good for Denver last year and they paid him back. Good for them.

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about him being criticized as a football player. Isn't that what Bugatti was talking about? How Tebow is criticized more than any other athlete? I was saying for a guy who just did all of the things he did and his title is backup quarterback that criticism comes with the territory.

 

I misunderstood but you seem to be on him about non football playing issues. He certainly can be criticized as a quarterback as he's just about the worst starter in the league. But, he also can be praised for his accomplishments last year. Whatever it is, the kid has won at every level he's ever played.

 

I agree with Bugatti that he gets much more of both praise and criticism than he should.

I misunderstood but you seem to be on him about non football playing issues. He certainly can be criticized as a quarterback as he's just about the worst starter in the league. But, he also can be praised for his accomplishments last year. Whatever it is, the kid has won at every level he's ever played.

 

I agree with Bugatti that he gets much more of both praise and criticism than he should.

 

Yeah, all I was saying in response to Bugatti is that Tebow is deserving of the criticism. I was using his recent treatment as evidence that he should be criticized. I wasn't criticizing those things. I'd have done the same as him if allowed. Just saying he should be criticized and that it comes with the territory when you are as large as life as he is.

As God is my witness, I thought Pat Robertson was dead.

 

Pat Robertson is like Hulkamania! It can't die!

Oral Roberts about 15/20 years ago told people..."If you don't send me "X" amount of money God is going to take me". I lost all kinds of respect for him after he said that. I lost respect for ole Pat also a long time ago.

After reading the posts since my first post in this thread, nothing has changed my mind.

 

He's an idiot.

Pat Robertson is like Hulkamania! It can't die!

 

He always did seem pretty plastic to me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.