Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pat Robertson: A Manning injury would serve the Broncos right

Featured Replies

I thought that was only whe Notre Dame plays.

 

When my son was in grade school, we often used to go to noon mass at whatever parish the game would be happening that afternoon, with a picnic lunch packed in the car so we could just stay there until it was time to play. :D

  • Replies 73
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's just wrong, Jim. Larry has never been like that. And rooting for, and wanting to see Tebow succeed doesn't mean worship. It just means he's a guy a lot of people can get behind.

 

Larry said in another thread that he hopes the Broncos fail so actually Jim called it right about Larry. It is documented. My reply to Larry was that his views on the Broncos now makes him no different from me last year.

Larry said in another thread that he hopes the Broncos fail so actually Jim called it right about Larry. It is documented. My reply to Larry was that his views on the Broncos now makes him no different from me last year.

 

I haven't seen that post. I'll have to go look for it.

 

This one?:

 

4th & 2 and they need to score, run it in Peyton...Hope Tim goes somewhere else. For posters wanting to see him fail as a human and Christian this is a time for a trial. I don not want to see Peyton or the Broncos fail, but I choose to see them lose as many games as possible. 36 years old compare to 24. Lets see how it unfolds.
This one?:

 

Yes. That's it. Semantics I know but I don't see a difference in losing and failing in football.

Yes. That's it. Semantics I know but I don't see a difference in losing and failing in football.

 

 

I think the biggest difference is that for people like me, when you say you want someone to fail...you mean as a person...not as a part of a game. I know that's what I object to. There seem to be many just waiting with baited breath to see Tim Tebow fail...it's as if they'll be validated as people because they knew better than the rest of us. And frankly...that is such a nauseating line of thinking to me. I honestly never want anyone to fail as a person. Do I want to see a team get beat? Yes...but as people, I have nothing but the best wishes for them, and it makes me sad when people "fail".

I think the biggest difference is that for people like me, when you say you want someone to fail...you mean as a person...not as a part of a game. I know that's what I object to. There seem to be many just waiting with baited breath to see Tim Tebow fail...it's as if they'll be validated as people because they knew better than the rest of us. And frankly...that is such a nauseating line of thinking to me. I honestly never want anyone to fail as a person. Do I want to see a team get beat? Yes...but as people, I have nothing but the best wishes for them, and it makes me sad when people "fail".

 

Everybody is different.

Everybody is different.

 

Agreed. Which is why I get upset when people try to crush AL's point of view and trash Tebow for his. People who do this demand to be heard and have their opinions respected, but often are extremely hurtful and derogatory toward others, and unfair, and unwilling to give the same respect. For instance, I've never heard Tebow utter anything disrespectful toward another, yet the amount of derision and disrespect floated is way is abominable.

Agreed. Which is why I get upset when people try to crush AL's point of view and trash Tebow for his. People who do this demand to be heard and have their opinions respected, but often are extremely hurtful and derogatory toward others, and unfair, and unwilling to give the same respect. For instance, I've never heard Tebow utter anything disrespectful toward another, yet the amount of derision and disrespect floated is way is abominable.

 

Because of the media. Once the media lets him toil in mediocrity and move on to his post NFL speaking career then we'll all be able to move on and enjoy football instead of focusing on a horrible quarterback. He's the most popular athlete in all sports right now. I hear more people praising his every move on and off the field. I wish there were more people with my opinion of him. :lol:

Because of the media. Once the media lets him toil in mediocrity and move on to his post NFL speaking career then we'll all be able to move on and enjoy football instead of focusing on a horrible quarterback. He's the most popular athlete in all sports right now. I hear more people praising his every move on and off the field. I wish there were more people with my opinion of him. :lol:

 

Then the ire is misdirected. Be nasty towards the media, not Tebow.

Then the ire is misdirected. Be nasty towards the media, not Tebow.

 

Nope. I have been nasty to Tebow as far back as to when he was doing that stupid jump pass at the 1 yard line for Florida. That is when my vitriol was harvested. Well before he became a media darling. My allegiance to FSU football doesn't allow me to like Timothy Tebow. And I never will.

This guy is a loon. He has a past and said stupid things for years, since you don't know me I understand your comment and question and forgive you for putting this false teacher and my name in the same sentence.

 

Lets look at scripture..Luke 6:26/18:20/1st Corinthians 15:15/ 2nd 11:13/11:26/ Galatians 2:4/1st Timothy 1:3/6:3 Jim you have stopped reading but this one actually speaks about false Preachers...Here are some more/2nd Peter 2:1/1st John 4:1

 

So the "something that tells you" told you wrong. Mr 700 is a step from Fred Phelps. Plese reply Jim. :bunny:

 

Then that makes Robertson that much more scary, given his popularity.

Larry said in another thread that he hopes the Broncos fail so actually Jim called it right about Larry. It is documented. My reply to Larry was that his views on the Broncos now makes him no different from me last year.

 

I also said I hope they FAIL because I am a fan of other teams, (Raiders) I hope Indiana failes tonite against Kentucky, I hope the Red Sox fail against the Yankees. How come you left that part that was also documented? :bunny:

 

I hope teams my son play against Fail, I'll keep doing this and maybe you will get what I said instead of trying to make me look bad. :bunny:

That is what they all say :D

 

Well, you and I thinking the same thoughts? Watch out, it might get a little tough...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.