Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mississippi State Is After Murray's Coach

Featured Replies

The south produces tons of talent. The problem is you cant consistently get them to those schools. If your recruiting the top kids against the elites who have top notch basketball facilities your gonna lose the recruitng battles. Look at Georgia and even Georgia Tech. If they could keep the Ga kids alone they would be fine but they cant get the top players to stay at home

As a bball coach I wouldn't take a job in the SEC.

 

Every coach wants to be the King of Campus.

What I am saying outside of Kentucky, Vandy, or Florida no other SEC school really cares enough about basketball. Only reason Florida is what Billy D has done.

I think Horn should have waited and would have had better offers.

 

I think Horn can coach. But it is tough at a Footabll first Conference.

I don't know that Horn's personality would have helped him get a better offer than South Carolina. There weren't many tears shed in Bowling Green when he left.

Andy Katz says Prohm is still trying to decide: stay at Murray long term or go after the Mississippi State job

Andy Katz says Prohm is still trying to decide: stay at Murray long term or go after the Mississippi State job

 

If he is offered $1.2 million and is presently making $200,000, I will go and pack his bags for him. You do not leave that kind of money on the table. You have to wonder how much Murray State can offer. Some of these other mid-majors can pony up some big dough.

If he is offered $1.2 million and is presently making $200,000, I will go and pack his bags for him. You do not leave that kind of money on the table. You have to wonder how much Murray State can offer. Some of these other mid-majors can pony up some big dough.

 

Murray State can't get close to that at all.

I wonder what Murray's limit is ... $300,000 or so?

I'd say $400k

 

I don't see it being that high but you never know.

  • Author

Prohm signed an extension with Murray St.

Extension is for a $270,000 salary and $300,000 with TV/radio money. Don't know if Murray can go any higher.

 

And still, there is no guarantee that Mississippi State isn't making the phone call to Prohm sometime this week.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.