Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Family 4 Ever

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Family 4 Ever

  1. Should be interesting to see how Harmon does this upcomming season. He is taking over two programs! He was just recently named the head coach for the Horsemen and they are jumping to the AFL2 and now TC. Does anyone think that either of these teams will suffer because of the other. I know he was doing both before but now he is the head coach for both. Should be interesting to see. Good luck to both.
  2. Tough loss for Generals but a huge boost to Tates Creek!!! good luck to Harmon
  3. I agree, Franklin played them as tough or tougher last year as anyone in the state. Them running the Franklin(Tony) system to perfection. I enjoyed going to those games to see all the points and plays. I would not say that Catholic was that much more athletic then the Flyers. I think you may be selling your team short. FC could match up with most teams in the state last couple of years. They are a great team and probably should have beat LC in playoffs last year but didn't. good luck in the future, maybe they will play again and we can both enjoy another great game.
  4. They have good talent but they are not world beaters. If they lined up and played a read, 4 man front they would be destroyed. They are not that big on the defensive line and to sit and try to man up would be insane! It is their scheme that permits them to be a good defensive team. It allows them to match up with most offensive sets. Their secondary was good/average high school athletes. They were not better jimmy's or joe's. They were well coached in a scheme that allows them to be successful. I am not saying that it is the best D, but for that team it is a great scheme.
  5. Highlands had a great D this year. They were the fastest 11 I think I have ever seen.
  6. So you think that their Defensive coaching staff never once worried about match ups? I can't imagine, their best player never even covered people, he was the blitzer. I am sure that they, just like all defensive staffs, spent many hours looking at film to make sure they could run their scheme. It's not like they are that good that they can just line up and call a play and watch it work
  7. I got to see a good defensive team play a few times this year, Lex Cath. They run a 3-5-3 pressure D. They seem to put pressure on almost every team they played this year. X and Highlands were the only 2 that beat them but even in those 2 games, their D played well. They are not big physically but could still line up and stuff the run. They stoned Scott Co's running game. They can run and hit and the spread(Loan Oak) was not a challenge either. I think they have done a great job disigning and running the 353 to fit their personnel.
  8. Do they have any type of time line? Football season started Jan 3rd for most of the state. I know that both West and Boyle are running workouts for the team with coaches that are not the "Head" man. They both need to get a coach on board so he can start to build his team the way it needs to be built.
  9. Funny how LCA can beat LC in a 8th grade championship and then refuse to play them for this upcomming season in any high school level.
  10. I dont see how it could be good that he turned it down. The entire state heard they were talking about $60,000 a year. If I was a coach and interviewed for the job now, I would not be taking the normal salary for teaching/coaching that all other state schools are offering. I know he came with major D1 experience but a good high school coach is a good high school coach, D1 or not. They will have a hard time convincing someone now that $6000 for football and teaching pay is a good deal. I could be wrong but I just don't see how they will be able to seriously talk salary without this coming up. Time will tell. Plus I can't imagine that the guys on staff currently are happy that they have been completely overlooked and now they will become the next best options. Just seems they have an uphill climb to me.
  11. Doesn't Muellenburg north run it?
  12. How will any of the assistants feel now when they go and ask them if they want to be the Guy? Will they ask for 60 g's for 3 years, cat is out of the bag so people know they can find the dollar. Boyle may have just hurt themselve by leaking this info!
  13. Either the KHSAA is getting more efficient with their investigating of it was a hard case to find that Catholic was indeed doing anything wong.
  14. Covercorner brings up a great point. I believe that LC had a lot less students and much fewer student/athletes when they got in trouble. Anyone know what type of system the KHSAA uses in assessing the fines or is it just simply pay our bills and a bit extra?
  15. Leonidas your other pic was much better! but thanks for the update. Why would he leave Bell, they are set for the next 2 years...... or are they?
  16. The new field house is nice and maybe "horrible" should not be used. The visiting team doesn't see inside the new facility. They dress in the old locker room up at the school. The field and the lights are one of the worse ones in central Ky. My point is that the entire program needs a change, a face lift if you will. They have a nice field house and that may be proof that change is going to be in the future but for now, they need help.
  17. The entire program could stand to have an overhaul. The facilities are horrible! I think they use 60 watt light bulbs to light the field, with no sideline space on the visiting side, no bleacher space on the same side. The field slopes sideways. the visitors dress about a half mile from the field in a PE locker room big enough for about 25. As far as coaching, I cannot speak for that, they may or may not have good coaches in the program but I see all the love going into baseball, ironic cause the ad is the baseball coach huh?
  18. Please do, this could be a big let down to the people of Boyle Co. Like opening a present on Christmas and it not being what you had hoped for.
  19. we hear ya but is that your opinion or did you hear that officially?
  20. He was at the national coaches convention in Anaheim, so was Pardue. How ironic is that?
  21. Robinson's number do deserve the award. If he had not gotten the award with numbers he had it would have been wrong. I am not saying he is the best player in the state. He scored a passing TD against Catholic's subs with 2 minutes to go to his best receiver that made a great play. He is however, very deserving because no other player stood out like him. He is a national record holder and that is good enough for the award. The fact that he got blown up by Catholic's defense or that their defense couldn't stop the Catholic O does not matter, he is a good player that made Catholic work harder to be as good as they were on that given day.
  22. I am not sure, that is why I included runner ups in the question. I thought that last year Johnson Central had talked about getting rings, could be wrong.
  23. I always enjoy this post so I thought I would get it going early. Who of the 6 champions, or the runner ups, have already ordered rings? When will they come in? what do they look like(pictures if you have em)? and How much and how are they being paid?
  24. I know there was a thread about the Mr. Football but it is apparently official, Corey Robinson has won this award. Congrats to him and his team/coaches for a great season.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.